Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Monday 5th April

Options
  • 05-04-2004 4:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Game tonight?

start time about 8:30 (I'll level anyone that needs it).

server: games2.iol.ie:5121

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

password: monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

I just tried logging onto the server there and it says "required expansion
    pack missing".

I've got SoU and the community expansion pack installed, plus I upgraded
    to 1.62(SoU) what am I missing?

shouldnt happen. it's a basic NWN scenario.

anyway, ready for logging in (the scenario) now

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Sorry guys I didn't get out of work until late and didn't get home til 22:45. Next week I promise

Well the scenario was nice and short.

mantel: Paladin
    Me: Cleric
    Draco: Barbarian
    Mouserat (?) / Belasco (?) : Rogue

All 4th level and nearing 5th.

Scenario was called Dungeon of the Fire Opal but I wont post spoilers in case a second group does start and wants to play through it.

I will try to find a more involved scenario for next Monday. (and definitely one that doesnt require Hotu though thats getting more and more difficult to find).

• Advertisement

Mouserat was the rogue.

I've ordered HotU from a friend in Dublin who's going checking out your report of a copy on sale in Henry St., he should be coming down here the weekend of the 17th.

All that running around like a lunatic is dangerous for poor little rogues. Must spend a few minutes at the start of next week setting up custom text macros - at the point where I got killed I was running over to disable a trap that someone was blundering around next to (and I think they hadn't spotted), when in my haste I ran over a different trap that I hadn't had time to search for. In future I'll know to just shout "watch out you big lummox!"

hehe, that was me blundering around :)

Funny part was, I had just stopped to say "can someone check for traps" when you ran past me.... and you managed to detect one quite easily!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

much easier that the last few scenarios we played and I'd forgotting how much fun it was to be a rock hard barbarian. Pity about that vrock though. Would have been nice to have found a weapon that would actually damage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

Guys,

Would like to join you in your gaming. Recently got IOLBB so online gaming should be a laugh.

I have NWN and SoU (not HotU). Can I join in - my character will only be new so am I dragging the average down, or can you level me up or something? Not sure how it all works.

Oh also forgot - what else do I need to dl from nwn.bioware - community packs, etc?

• Advertisement

not a problem.

Post your preferences in the NWN survey thread. If yourself , A][en and belasco turn up we may have enough to start a second group (marVel? you still interested in joining?).

Until then, feel free to jump in. I can level you up when you join. Next session should be Monday 12th

Done, posted elsewhere. will keep an eye out for details on the game next Monday. I should be up for it...

Yep I should be there. Might go for mor of an offensive character if theres a cleric already out and about. Sorceror or Fighter?

We should really get some sort of spellcaster - for visuals if nothing else! Also, you'll end up with all the magic wands and rods we find. (unless the rogue spots them first and can work out how to use them...)

We already have a paladin, cleric and barbarian, a fourth fighter type and hordes of dragons would fall before us, but low level wizards might kill us all off...

So maybe more of a wizard than a sorceror so.

I have no idea, only played a sorcerer myself.
    Though I thought wizards and sorcerers use pretty much identical stuff really, matter of preference.

Generally I'd go with a sorceror for offensive firepower and a wizard for a more generalist approach to magic. It's not a hard and fast rule though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

hey guys....im an avid player of NWN and HOTU.....if you guys have any places i would love to join you guys...i find it hard trying to join groups online and i didnt know there was one under my nose...lol (boards)..... but if theres not ill understand....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

ooooh....looks like im out of the running.....just read the preference thread.....poor ol me is just running a 56k modem.........thanks anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Just cos you're on 56k doesnt exclude u.
    Not in the slightest, nwn isnt such a bandwidth hog.

• Advertisement
Advertisement