Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

abbeyonehundred

Options
  • 05-04-2004 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Dose anyone give a ****e. Has this year been any different...
    Or has the fact that they are still doing a lot old crap just a celebration of all that is wrong with the theatre?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Whatever happens don't miss "Observe the sons of Ulster...."

An incredible play!

BTW there is a competition for amateur groups to put on the first four one acts again on 28th December and our group are in the melting pot. I would still love to be selected.

Nearly got there as "Old Mahon" with the Gay Byrne radio show a few years ago.

I agree though The Abbey is not my favourite venue.

Just got word. Were on the shortlist :D

The first signs of madness..... when you start talking to yourself.

Anyway, we will know on 18th May if we are on the Abbey stage or not.

Strange how, with such a deep rooted history of amateur drama in this country, this section of Boards is so unpopulated :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Originally posted by Valentia
    Whatever happens don't miss "Observe the sons of Ulster...."

An incredible play!

BTW there is a competition for amateur groups to put on the first four one acts again on 28th December and our group are in the melting pot. I would still love to be selected.

True, very true. I saw it years ago (in the Abbey, I think).

Also, re: that competition, we're on the shortlist too. I say "we," I really mean - our glorious leader, who will pick the cast from her minions if she get's the job...

(sigh...)

God I'm such a newbie!

My first post, and it's in the theatre section!

Now I'm talking to myself!!

• Advertisement

The panel has met and the word will be sent out tommorrow. They are keeping mum in the DLI office. Should know one way or dudder on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday......depending on how sh1t the postal service in your area.

Good luck, unless of course your crowd are in for "Spreading the News" with ourselves :)

oooh. Right.

No, apparently the proposal is in for "Kathleen ni Houlihan." Sounds riveting

I think there's a few winners though, isn't there?

Hey, best of luck with it. I'm certainly not holding out much hope for a part in it if it goes on...

There will be four one-acts. So there will be one winner for each play.

We didn't win.

How about you?

Nope ;-(

Dalkey won our section. I'm looking forward to seeing them do a play set in the West of Ireland on a fair day!

• Advertisement

I have seen bitterness and its name is...... valentia.

So unlike a drama fan....

Lovely....lovie :0-)

Politics is only in the halfpenny place compared to drama, surely you know that?

Oh, must be west of ireland (or somewhere)!!!

I've never heard that phrase before, but I think I managed to put it together.

I've never been a politician, so I can't compare :p . But I know exactly what you mean....

Advertisement