Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's on?

• 04-04-2004 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Please post to this thread any Classical Music events (or associated events) that are on that might be of interest to users of this forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

When: Sunday 4th April @midday
    Where: The Hugh Lane Gallery, Parnell Square
    Who: Catherine Leonard (a brilliant violinist)
    What: Catherine Leonard plays a new work by Ian Wilson.
    Other information: Admission is FREE

I highly recommend seeing Catherine if you have a chance, she really is a brilliantly talented violinist. The Hugh Lane gallery concerts (which she plays at regularly) usually last for about an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Told you I only see these after they happen. I'm in work anyway, ah well....

Here's plenty of notice for the next one Mr.Dark:

When: Sunday 11th April @midday
    Who: Fredrik Ullen, piano and Jonny Axelsson, percussion
    What: music by Kondo, Olofsson, Ligeti and Kevin Volans

When: Thursday 8th April @8pm
    Where: Lyric FM/ Artzone Easter Special
    Who: Glorious Romania soprano Angela Gheorghiu
    What: Acclaimed Romanian sporano Angela Gheorghiu is the guest of Jon Tolansky this evening, speaking during her recent performance of 'Amelia' in Verdi's Simon Boccanegra at Covent Garden. As she prepares for her role in a new production of Gounod's Faust at the Roal Opera House in London, she discusses some of her favourite roles, including extracts from Carmen, La Traviata, Tosca, Manon, and A Romanian Song.

I have every recording that Angela ever made, I think she is absolutely the most glorious soprano around at the moment (difficult, yes, but glorious nonetheless). I was in Covent Garden only a few weeks ago to see her sing 'Amelia' in Simon Boccanegra, and the pilgrimage was just a wonderful experience. This programme should be worth hearing.

When: Thursday 15th April @8pm
    Where: The National Concert Hall
    Who: Midori
    What:
    Hindemith Sonata in E Flat
    Brahms Sonata in G
    Bach Sonata for Violin and Keyboard in A BWV 1015
    Saint-Saëns Sonata No. 1
    Other information: This concert is sold out, so I am gloating a little because I am going. Heh- sorry!

• Advertisement

When: Sunday 18th April @midday
    Who: Isabelle O'Connell, piano
    What: Isabelle O'Connell plays music by Debussy, Messaien and Boulez.

Advertisement