Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you guys do it??

Options
  • 01-04-2004 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

after reading the thread about the galway cycle(240miles:eek: ) i wonder how the **** anyone can manage that?? i am fairly unfit and like to cycle but i only cycle about 40 mins a day thus far(to and from work), not a lot a know!!

tbh the first time i cycled to work i had to stop half way and walk for a couple of mins, not any more tho, i find that i'm not even out of breath when i get there now:) but the cycle home is a killer as it get EXTREMELY windy!!

so how do you people do it!! i know i have to cycle more but it gets pretty damn borin sometimes!! i'd love to do somethin like the galway cycle but it'd take me years to get to that level..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I haven't the time to talk about how its done. there's no secret to it though, as you've experienced your stamina and speed build up over time. Its a great feeling and I've continued to improve because I love testing myself, against myself and others.

My longest spin was 9 hours across the hills of south spain.

My top speed ever reached was 57 miles an hour descending a hill in Britain during a race.

When I started I was playing football and basketball, I was fittest on both of those teams. The cycling lads were in another world, I'd last 40 mins with them and begin to tire.

No one ever enjoys cycling into the wind. I enjoy racing in it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

as uber said theres no secret to it.. u just gotta like going cycling a lot. you've already noticed the benefits to it fitnesswise.. As for me i used only cycle to school everyday and eventually started doing extra cycles on the weekends, nothing much just 10-20 miles or so. watched cycling on tv and wanted to get a bit more serious about it. So then i a club and decided to race... alots happened since then but im glad i joined a club and all that.. ......yeah, noticed i was fitter when then all the footballers and stuff when it came to long runs not so much the shorter ones though! So get out on your bike and do a bit of leisure cycling at weekends, maybe join a club, do some lesiure tours (seperate thread!) and after a while u mite end up racing......
    No one ever enjoys cycling into the wind. I enjoy racing in it though!!

Spoken like a true racer! your a big tall strong guy arent ya????

Advertisement