Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitwzilliam - April 1st

Options
  • 01-04-2004 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

With the home game on tomorrow, and all the annoyances with the thursday night setup, are people still planning on going into the Fitzwilliam tonight?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

nope

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I am. I don't get annoyed by Thursday games. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I am. I'm bringing a friend from work to his first fitz thursday night. And it's only my third so I'm far from bored with it :)

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

I reckon I'll pop in myself - no harm in a little practice before the friday game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I won't be going personally. Might save my pennys and have a go of the monday night freezeout or friday €50+€50 games in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Decker

I'll be dropping along too, bringing fresh money (another new guy:)

Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

prolly too late to get a reply but are you guys meeting up beforehand, wouldn't mind having a go tonight myself and could do with having some friendly faces to go in with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

So how many tickets were there, and did anyone win one?
    I went out twelth, with my AK losing to A7....

But then I'd been extremely lucky a couple of times to get that far..

Have to say I enjoyed last night, bit of a baptism of fire for my first night in the Fitz, but that's cards for you.. didn't help that I didn't get a real break with the cards though.

for the first hour/ hour and a half I got nothing at all, although I stole a pot with a pair of 6's. First hand I got that was really worth playing was K10c with KKx on the flop, unfortunately my caller drew a flush and took a large portion of my chips!!

Spent the next hour watching my chips disappear on blinds and seeing flops that gave me nothing at all.

Second or third hand after the freezeout I had A7c and the flop came down Qc 10c Qd, there was only 3 players after me and I was short stacked so went all in thinking I could either take what was in the pot or maybe get one caller with 3 Q's and hit my flush with the turn or the river..

Quozl (greg) calls me and I think ok, probably got 3 Q's and a high kicker, still there for the taking, turn over the cards and he has Q10 in the hole........

So an early night, and probably not the best game I've ever played but enjoyable all the same! on the plus side because I was out so early I did win €100 in a home game afterwards so I covered the cost of the night.

Looking forward to next week, and some better cards to play with!

incidentally I did hit my A high flush on the turn, and another club on the river, so 6 clubs A high and still lost....

got to love this game /)

• Advertisement

how did everyone else get on?

Anyone win a ticket??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Ha not me. After a few months of success the deck has gone cold on me. Last night in 2 hours of play I saw 1 ace and that was with a 5. I also had 3 pocket pairs - 2 8's and one pair of 2's. First time I doubled through with the 8's. Second time I was gonna go all-in with the 8's again except there was a raise and 2 all-in's before me. Had to fold them and what do ya know 8 on the river - would have one a phat pot. Went all-in on the 2's when I was short stack - no suprises that I went out.

I didn't see a flop in the first 45 mins of play - junk hand after junk hand. I was intending to play tight last night but that was just ridiculous. Usually a barren night for me is followed by a great night - so watch out on Sunday, I'm gonna hit everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Numbers seemed down last night too (between 55-60) - based on my previous visit..
    Maybe it was the rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I played very stupidly but I don't think I was in the right frame of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

zap

ticket for me

the card gods were looking out for me last night

Advertisement