Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Donnell Abu

Options
  • 30-03-2004 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a recording of the last version of O'Donnell Abu that RTE used before Radio 1 went 24 hours?

What makes this version stand out is that it starts with O'Donnell Abu being played on a music box and then with each bar the Music Box was joined by a string quartet, then finally what sounded like a full orchestra...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Last time I checked, a few bars of O'Donnell Abu were still played at the handover from overnight programming to Risin' Time each morning. It was the music box version IIRC. Not sure if this is still the case as I don't tend to be awake at that hour of the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

You're right Ronan, they do play a version of O'Donnell Abu in the morning, but since it's at 5.30 am I'm not usually around to listen to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I have a real audio file of the piece, but its not the later version of which you speak of. It was on the Radio 75 site when RTÉ had that site up in 2001.

Linkage later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Advertisement