Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's important.

Options
  • 30-03-2004 12:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not everybody has the time or the energy to commit to any more activities in their lives. If you were to volunteer what would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

well if I really had the time for it I would join the red cross again. I really enjoyed my time there when I was in it for a year or so. Unfortunatly I can't find the time anymore with work.

well hope other will post some aswell

RunFree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

For me it would be doing some really hard and physical work in a developing country. Building, planting, harvesting and at the same time to teach some skills by example to the people. If by doing this I helped make some lives better then I could easily say "I've done something important"

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bahairy

i'm in the red cross. its a mad buzz. you should join again. it only requires as much time as you can give, even if you are just a member you don't have to turn up to meetings etc.

hard and physical work is good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

im in the order of malta ambulance corps its brill no pressure if you cant make a meeting as it is volunteery

-->Order of Malta Ambulance Corps - National Website

-->Order of Malta ambulance Corps - Bray Unit (my unit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ah_here!

I am a member of the St. John Ambulance Brigade, I think its a great thing to do, if anyone wants more info, why not check out my division's website,

www.stjohndublin.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement