Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious cities of gold

Options
  • 30-03-2004 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I never saw the end of this series, did they get to the lost city in the end ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

The Internet, Is there nothing it can't do ?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

they day it makes toast, then i'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I just ordered the complete series on VCD off of eBay... I'll let you know how the quality is when I get it...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's probably the same quality as the umm 60mb (or so) episode files that you can "find" on the Interweb if you know where to look. It's not as if you can buy the DVDs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,956 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I believe they reached the city a good while before the end of the series, there were quite a few episodes set within the city.

yeah.. I just can't be arsed downloading all 26 or so episodes, when it only costs 25 quid to have someone else do it and put it on some CDs...

I don't think I ever saw the last ever episode either.. the BBC cut the series short for some reason... possibly so they could show snooker... the dastards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

Yeah, last few episodes were in the lost city. The "bad guys" found it too from what I can remember and wanted to tear it apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Originally posted by smoke
    Yeah, last few episodes were in the lost city. The "bad guys" found it too from what I can remember and wanted to tear it apart.

And they would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those pesky kids....
    Oh wait, that was a different show. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by jor el

Oh wait, that was a different show. :rolleyes:

Ah yeah, Fraggle Street was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

They found the city then the city sank into the ground or something, and the three kids pissed off to find more cities.

Oh and Estebans father was masquerading as a high priest in the temple or something equally odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Oh wow, that was my favourite cartoon as a child! Hardly any of my friends remember it though.....
    *wanders off to try get a copy*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Yeah, that and G-Force. That show rocked!! and it turned out that Zoltar (the bad dude) was a puny girl!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i think Zoltar was bit of an androgynous mixed up crazy kid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

twas a quality show, i always remembering see the start loads of time but very rarely if ever seeing the end the golden condor rocked.

i was in england during the summer and a friend of mine was driving us to the airport, she puts on a cd and skips on a few songs and bam she had the theme tune it was quality

data

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i got all of them on vcd.... best ever!

would love to have them on dvd tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Originally posted by agent smith
    i got all of them on vcd.... best ever!

Kewel. Where did you find that?

Although on second thoughts, you probably won't be able to post that kinda thing here.. :)

I got one off eBay. But I'm still waiting on it.

boo!

oh.. I finally got my VCDs...

the quality isn't particualarly great.. but it's good enough..

But the cartoon is still amazing...

I've gotten He-man and Transformers on DVD recently.. and been disappointed.. but the Mysterious Cities of Gold is a really good series, with a great storyline, and it's also very educational too...

Advertisement