Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psu dell dimension 4300

Options
  • 29-03-2004 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hey all have a dell dimension 4300 with a dead psu, do they use regular psu's or are they some sort of special dell made psu?

what's the db rating of those psu's as i want something quiet and am looking at two options:
    Quiet PC Ultra-Quiet Power Supplies from peats 69
    or
    Sharkoon 300W 20db Power Supply from peats 50 euro

any ideas, suggestions comments etc?

thanks

richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

1850 543543

Dell Tech SUpport

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dells use custom PSU's with weird-shaped connectors for the motherboard. I understand it is possible to mod a regular PSU to work with a dell board, and some place apparently sells an adaptor to do it the easy way. No idea where though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

AFAIK the dell's use the same connectors except they are wired differently which means no standard PSU will work. Ive seen one model that used a standard PSU (my friend is using it in his self built pc - against my advise) . Its a hard one to call, would'nt like to be dealing with that one myself. Call dell and see what they say, make sure that a standard ATX PSU will do.

If it will then you want to be looking at the be-quiets, zalman's, antecs (specially the 380w single fan), and mabye fortrons (if you do a simple mod).... some of the quietest PSU's you will find.

Advertisement