Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic to Film

Options
  • 26-03-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Just taking up an idea Wizard tends to do a lot. Converting your favourite comics to film. Who would you get to play which roles? (Include pictures of you have to them to compare so we can see why you're choosing them).

We've already seen from films like X-men some good character pics, but if you think you could have done a better job at casting than they did in films already made, then put up your suggestions :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Lucifer, with Jay Mohr as his nibs!

/runs away, giggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Judge Dredd.

With Ron Perlman as Dredd, and Willem Dafoe as Judge Death.

Perlman would make an infinetly better Dredd that Stallone in that abomination of a movie, and Dafoe would just be utterly sinister and creepy as Death. I know both actors have both had their comic book treatment already, but I honestly couldn't think of anyone more suitable to the roles. Just look at their profile pics, and tell me you couldn't just imagine it!?

Perlman would make an infinetly better Dredd that Stallone in that abomination of a movie

Pearlman would make a great Dredd. Stallone wasnt bad as Dredd, you have to admit that he did look like him. Especially in the scene at the start where he walks into the block war and just stares stoney eyed into space before telling everyone that theyre under arrest.

Originally posted by Darko
    Pearlman would make a great Dredd. Stallone wasnt bad as Dredd, you have to admit that he did look like him. Especially in the scene at the start where he walks into the block war and just stares stoney eyed into space before telling everyone that theyre under arrest.

I'll agree with you there, but once he started into that "I knew you'd say that!" tripe, I just couldn't take him seriously as Dredd anymore.

I think there needs to be a new Dredd movie badly though, because that first abomination just wasn't "Dredd" it was a buddy comedy with action overtones starring Stallone and Rob Schneider.

We need:
    "Gaze into the face of fear!"
    "Gaze into the fist of DREDD!" - *BAM*

It's not exactly high-brow stuff, but anything is better than Rob Schneider.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

but still, classy

dredd. don't properly. hard fuck

• Advertisement

Judge Dredd and Batman VS Judge Death and the Joker.

Who'd play Batman and the Joker though?

I'd nearly say Willem Dafoe would be a great Joker, but couldn't have him playing a dual role in the same film...?
    What do you think of him as Judge Death?

I'd like to see Michael Keaton back as Batman. He had the dark foreboding look and feel I associate with batman. If not Keaton then, I would genuinely like to see Kilmer as Batman. I think that he was quiet good in Batman Forever, but was lost in a sea of familiar faces.

Acutually now that I think of it Jake Gyhnallle would proborably make a very decant younger Batman.

As for the Joker, who knows. Maybe the guy who played him in that short Batman film. He seemed to carry the role well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kristin Kreuk as Psylocke. Or maybe Claire Forlani.
    Nyom.

A young Tom Cruise as Chamber.

Steve Buscemi as the Joker. He'd be perfect.

• Advertisement

Vin Diesel as Apocalypse

Was Emma Frost in Xmen 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

No but Emma was in the Generation X tv movie.

did that ever become a series?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

No it died a death. I've seen it a couple of times. The acting was terrible. The special effects were worse. The plot was a complete flop. Though in saying that, watching some of the TV shows that get shown on channels like "Trouble" on sky (eg. Big wolf on Campus), i'm surprised they didn't keep it going as a kids TV show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

Originally posted by Darko
    I'd like to see Michael Keaton back as Batman. He had the dark foreboding look and feel I associate with batman. If not Keaton then, I would genuinely like to see Kilmer as Batman. I think that he was quiet good in Batman Forever, but was lost in a sea of familiar faces.

Acutually now that I think of it Jake Gyhnallle would proborably make a very decant younger Batman.

As for the Joker, who knows. Maybe the guy who played him in that short Batman film. He seemed to carry the role well.

I think Christian Bale will do well as a younger Batman and from what I´ve read about the script it would appear that he has a lot to do before he dons the cape for the first time which I think is something that has been missing in other Batman films

Advertisement