Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city centre/ north dublin

Options
  • 25-03-2004 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    anywhere you can learn this stuff in the city centre / north dublin
    im a complete novice by the way...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 geoffer

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

...what kind of stuff are u looking for
    im new to this thing, i would like to learn sometihng.
    i tried judo before and i didnt like it much....
    something that isnt just throws and stuff...what kind of stuff are u looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

you've got a thai club off dorset street, joe carslakes jujutsu club down in drumcondra, an aikido club in phibsboro and I think kendo, jujutsu and kung fu in DCU.

city centre there is/was ninjaahs on parnell street, and off molesworth street theres wing chun, escrima and southern mantis.

any of that any use to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

hey --somie of them sound seriously dangerous

which one would you recommend ? im really in it for suppleness and stuff, and of course self defence etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

dangerous?? :confused: errmm okay.

check them all out for yourself and see what you like I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 geoffer

Originally posted by adonis
    hey --somie of them sound seriously dangerous

which one would you recommend ? im really in it for suppleness and stuff, and of course self defence etc...

No offence, but you sound a bit hazy on what you want. Go take a few classes - it'll give you a much better idea than a few posts.

oh, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu rules :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

adonis they aren't dangerous - you won't get hurt as a beginner unless you set out to cause trouble,
    Maybe you should give taekwondo a shot - theres a few clubs in city centre mainly www.inta.ie and its totally different to judo - theres no "throws and stuff" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Advertisement