Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the broom closet,into the fire??

Options
  • 24-03-2004 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

When do y'all think is the appropriate age to "come out of the broom closet"?? Is it right for parent to ignore it?? Or even to be TOO supportive??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭seaghdhas

I don't think age has alot to do with it. I've a friend who's 21 and whose parents haven't had a problem with it for the past few years. I on the other hand am 25 and would expect, if I ever brought it up, the 'what would you want to know about that' / 'what about your own faith' reaction. My youngest sister would be in line for the same if she became interested in anything like this, even though at 16 she's capable of making an informed and intelligent decision (whatever about 'subscribing' to something else, then moving away from where she 'is').

It depends more on who you're talking to, how they'd react. For some there is no right age.

(I've only just realised your age and the coincidence)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kitsune9tails

Originally posted by Duddy
    When do y'all think is the appropriate age to "come out of the broom closet"?? Is it right for parent to ignore it?? Or even to be TOO supportive??

My father acts as if I'm just messing around and my mother is happy as long as I'm careful.

I was abit afraid my family would shun me but when I was happy with myself I counldn't care what they thought and then all of a sudden I started to see all these little new age things creeping in.
    Before I knew it my granny's buying crystals, my grandad's doing reiki and all my aunts are joining in. I started to feel an awful lot more comfortable in my family.

I'm not saying it will be the same for you but just dont stress about it and be happy in what you beleave in. Hopefully all will work out for you.

Advertisement