Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physically the best

Options
  • 24-03-2004 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Ok this is to find out who you think would win in a punch-up? In other words two characters square off & slug it out between them e.g. hulk, superman, onslaught, ben grimm etc.

Note: Its in terms of physical, toughness strength, speed etc.. not in terms of raw power like magneto

im wording this wrong I know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monkeymagic

ok I think i get it so to start the ball rolling hehe and old Marvel vs DC classic

Wonder Woman vs Storm

I'd go for Wonder Woman

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The only one I'd really be interested in would be Batman vs Iron Man, since they're similar characters. I think Batman would have the physical edge, but Iron Man has the better gadgets 'n toys...clearly the best fight between the two would be Dark Knight Returns-era Batman and early Heroes-Reborn Iron Man. At least in my opinion. I don't follow Batman much, and I'm a fan of the Iron man character and yet constantly disappointed by the stories he features in, so the two epochs are the ones I enjoyed most, because they are the raw essence of what I like in the characters, if you will.

(Yes, I know Tony Stark's meant to be a benevolent industrialist and blah blah blah. He seems somehow fake without the edge he has at the beginning of heroes reborn. You might disagree with me, but you know I'm right ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

well I was thinking between superman and the hulk,

Ive never read any marvel vs DC comics (except the current JLA vs Avengers) so I don't know if they've ever met. But my money would be on the hulk after his fight with onslaught. Superman beat thor in the JLA v Avengers but I'd still go with hulk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

There is the old classic Marvel one.... but it gets play out too often...
    Wolverine V's Sabertooth...

IF IT WERE POSSIBLE I'd love to see a face off between Hulk and the Gray Hulk!!!!!

isn't there a savage hulk?

i never really read hulk so im a bit unaware of the multiple personalities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Didn't the Exiles version of Thunderbird beat the living snot out off the Hulk?

(In the Exiles, he was a former Horseman of Apocalypse and was slightly maddened by the Hulk)

aaah but the angrier hulk gets the stronger he gets, (or so im lead to believe).

Hmm apocolypse & his horsemen .........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

There's a v's series that Marvel brought out before. Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head though :(

As for superman v hulk - it's a comic which has been done twice already. It's a bit like the superman v batman comics.

As for Marvel v Marvel, the marvel.com website used to do a <char> v <char> each week, and have people vote for who they thought would win. Eg. The Human Torch v Iceman, or Hulk v Drax.

Advertisement