Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to replace a rad

Options
  • 23-03-2004 10:03pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

The radiator in my kitchen has sprung a leak.
    When checking the valve I noticed that there is actually a (pin)hole in the rad itself, therefore, I'll obviously have to replace it.
    I was going to buy from Buckley's, can anyone recommend a cheaper place to buy one in Dublin?

I'm thinking of flushing the whole system while I'm at it. I'm aware of some products which claim to remove gunk deposits which have built up over the years, and judging by the performance of some of my older radiators, I have built up quite a bit of gunk over the years. Anyway, are these flushing solutions worthwhile?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

You may have to replace all radiators as pinholes in radiators are a result of corrosion within your heating system.

There is a lot of risk involved in flushing a system like this, when the sludge is removed, more pinholes may appear as the sludge can act as a wall to the inside of radiators and pipework.

Heating corrosion is a sympthom of bad installation and / or design.If you are going to replace radiators and are considering flushing, i would suggest you investigate the causes of the corrosion.

Advertisement