Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Button to populate text box.

Options
  • 23-03-2004 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I wan't a textbox on an .ASP shopping basket page to be populated with products from another .ASP page.

Each product on the products page has a command button called "BUY" that when clicked I want it to add that product to the text box on the basket page.
    The data on the products page is already working perfectly, it is generated from a database of products.

For arguments sake we will call the products page "products" ,the basket page "basket",the button beside eachproduct "BUY" and the textbox "outbox".

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    If I have structered this question incorectly or more information is needed please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.w3schools.com, google.ie, and aspfaq.com are you friend. Look up URL passing.

Basically: on products.asp each product is in a form-- click-> sends to basket.asp -- basket.asp reads posted information (From URL perhaps) and then you construct the page with the information (ex: productID) as an ASP var rather than hardocoded html...

(To get the rest of the info on the product- SQL: Select * FROM theDAtabase WHERE productInfoId = productID...)

shlap up your attempt(s)...

[every time i read something it changes..blurgh. sleep...caffeine...urggh!]

Advertisement