Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSJVM vs SunVM

Options
  • 23-03-2004 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hoping someone can help here

I have an old backend system written using MS J++ that feeds through a COM interface to a VB front end. The J++ code doesn't change very often (based on the original JDK 1.0) but even so, the discontinuation of the MSJVM is posing a problem. The problem is that our java code imports several com.ms.... classes, which obviously aren't part of the standard Sun SDK. I've gone through the MS conversion documents which didn't tell me very much, and I've also trawled through the web looking for anything that could help but still haven't found anything.

Can anyone help? Point me to a site to solve all my problems? Know of any Sun classes/third party ones which claim to provide the same functionality as the MS stuff???

Thanks in advance (very hopeful!)

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

no replies?hmmm. I dunno of any-try forums.java.sun.com - better bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TScul

Thanks Karoma, trying there too

Advertisement