Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg want US to tell THEM how much a Telephone Pole Costs

Options
  • 23-03-2004 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

7 Years in office and now it 'comes up' in this consultation Here Page 7 of 14.
    Comreg seeks information regarding the cost of telephone poles, installed, with appropriate fittings (e.g. footrests, cable brackets). The cost should be the average cost, bearing in mind that some poles will require lateral supports/bracing. Please specify the proportion of such supported braced poles allowed. Please also specify the type of pole for which costs are supplied (e.g. diameter, length, material and finish treatments {if any}).

Would that be a Bog Pole or a Dry Land Pole lads ? What insecticides does one deploy, does one tannelise and under what pressure . Is there a spec for the Wesht and one for Dublin. ? Why ?

What happens if you wanna put it in a salt marsh which is a "wrong kind of bog " in Regulatory terms. ? How much salt is too much salt ?

Given that Eircom now lay the cables on the GROUND in rural areas along the west coast where the Bog is too thin to support the pole can we just say €0 . Does Comreg know or care where this is practised ?

Will ye then lash out another consultation in June 2005 about the cost of joining cable lengths on the ground instead of 15 foot up a pole. How long will that take ? another 7 years ?

Will you then factor in the difference between paying Biddy overtime to join them or getting a crack team of Blind Anorexic Quadridexterous Baboons in to splice them Instead.

Will we then have to listen to Comreg bleating on about the Baboons in an interminable consultation lasting for most of the next century ?

They are actually consulting on LLU and on "Scorched Node" LRIC , should anybody care to believe that Comreg wil pay a blind bit of heed to them !

We know already (since May 2003) that international global experts spent a WHOLE year trying to strike a price for LLU and now this.

"ComReg seeks reasoned comments on the information put forward in this
    consultation paper and"

I'll give ye "reason" when ye explain properly to us all how Functional Internet Access in Ireland is defined by Comreg as 0k , you mindless pedantic morons .

M

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Someone should send Doherty down to the hardware store for a glass hammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Someone should send Doherty down to the hardware store for a glass hammer.

I foresee a new Comwreck blog entry from John.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Could'nt resist this, so I rang Elaine in Comreg, now she is only the person responsible for gathering the replies and put me on to one of the "team", name forgotten unfortunately.
    So here's what it's all about. They need this info so that they can properly assess the costing of LLU, I presume to counter whatever figure Eircom give them. When I asked who exactly did they expect to respond the reply was "other operators", when I pointed out the fact that only Eircom and ESB erect poles in this country, the reply was "other operators who are associated with other operators in other countries".
    So there ye have it lads clear as muck

Oops sorry Muck :-)

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by jbkenn
    "other operators who are associated with other operators in other countries".

But most of these other operators (licenced by Comreg) are associated with other operators who do not put up poles in their own countries either :(

Worldcom comes to mind as an example.

and what about the Baboons ..... oh my bBBBbbaaaaaaaabBBbeeeeeeEEsssssssss ?

perlhtmlmason_baboon.gif

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by jbkenn
    "other operators who are associated with other operators in other countries".
    ROFL. Who knew George Bush was running Comreg!? You can see how something like this would happen though:

<Dubya>"I want a full audit of those Eye-rack-ees. What the hell, audit the Poles too."</Dubya> :D

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement