Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen Green Bins - get a load of this !

Options
  • 23-03-2004 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I live in a brand new estate in West Dublin. There is a mix of houses and apartments in the estate.

A few weeks ago, I came home from work and found a green Oxigen bin outside my front door (I live in an apartment) with my door number and street name on it. So did all my neighbours. I thought this was great - cause I'm a strong supporter of recycling.

So I proceeded to start using it. It was about 2-thirds full last night.

This morning I woke up and the bin was gone ... so was everyone elses. I couldn't believe it - what gobsh!te idiot would go round stealing bins full of recyclable waste ? I called the estate management company, and here's what they told me ... you won't believe this.

Apparently, Oxigen are contracted to South Dublin County Council to provide one green bin to every house in the estate. Notice I said HOUSE. It's not in the contract between Oxigen and SDCC to provide the bins to apartments !!!!!!!!!

Apparently Oxigen got it wrong and delivered one to every household, including the apartments. SDCC stiffed them on the bill, so Oxigen have come back around to take the green bins away again.

Now please allow me to dispense with the politically correctness on this one occasion, but what the fukc are SDCC up to ?? Do they think that apartment dwellers don't generate recyclable waste like everyone else ? Are all the ads on the telly about how we're going to bury ourselves in rubbish not applicable to apartment dwellers ? Are apartment dwellers such clean living creatures as to not generate any waste at all ?

I just couldn't believe it and don't know how to react.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

it must to do with this strnage house thing irish people have

you an apartement dweller you shouldn't interbreed with proper god loving house dwellers :)

some said of 3 story town houses bring built in suburbs, (a decent attempt at medium density solution ot urban sprawl) that the people wouldnt turn out right living in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

chewy : I'm not in the mood to waste my life reading this crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Iron Petes

TBH oiygen probably have a massive quote price offered for collecting from appartments, it's all early days I am sure SDCC are looking at alternatives. Have tried using the Civic Amenity site at Ballymount for your recycling? It's open 7 days a week up to 17:00. Use it!

Advertisement