Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important debate for SG form + Anubis poll

Options
  • 22-03-2004 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

SG1 season 8 and SG Athlantis will air in America before it airs here.

Q.Will we allow discussion of new episodes on this fourm?
    (it would be sort of condoning illigal file sharing and boards.ie is oposed to that...)

Is Anubis Dead? 26 votes

No! The Dark Lord Will Return
    0% 0 votes
    Yes Anubis is space dust
    38% 10 votes
    He is dead but i forsee the return of Sokar or Apophis
    61% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

as long as you dont link to download files and put spoilers tags in all posts about eps not yet aired i dont see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm pretty damn sure Anubis is toast. Although, having said that, I thought Apophis was dead several times, and he kept getting resurrected. The fact that Ancient weapons are so much more advanced than anything before leads me to believe that they wouldn't leave any kind of body behind. I suppose, if he wasn't dependant on his corporial form, his essence could live on in some fashion, but we've seen no evidence for that.

Anyway, Anubis' advantage had been wittled away during the course of the last 2 series. When he first came on the scene, he had technology the likes of which had never been seen. SG-1 learned about it very quickly, and found ways to counter it every time. For example:

- His mind interface thing was countered by Thor (not strictly SG-1, but countered anyway)
    - His device for destroying a Stargate using another Stargate was destroyed by SG-1
    - His ship containing the Eye of Ra was blown up by SG-1 (Damn that ship was cool!)
    - A miniscule stash of Ancient weapons took whatever he had left

I don't see that the "Dark Lord" had really anything left to worry anybody. Still, I'm sure the writers have something up their sleeves for next season. I'm just disappointed that the last season didn't end with everybody in the SGC throwing their paperwork into the air - they did it when Apophis was defeated, and when SG1 were miraculously rescued a couple of times. It seemed like tradition...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

There is supposed to be a new bug like/hive mind baddies for atlantis?

I assume SG-1 will be some how connected to that as well...

/me shrugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Argh Spoilers ^.

If Stargate brought Anubis back they'd be accused of rehashing old gimicks. Let the villain die I say.

Will the 8th season of SG1 and the first season of Atlantis be tied much I wonder? It would be interesting to have two different shows give two different viewpoints on similar stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Originally posted by Kevok
    Argh Spoilers ^.

If Stargate brought Anubis back they'd be accused of rehashing old gimicks. Let the villain die I say.

Will the 8th season of SG1 and the first season of Atlantis be tied much I wonder? It would be interesting to have two different shows give two different viewpoints on similar stories.

Atlantis???????:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Athlantis is a new SG spinoff seris.

Anubis is part accended so he should be able to surive anything, mind you last time he was defeated it took him almost a thousand years to build back up his forces.

They didnt counter his mind probe BTW.

atlantis and sg1 cant really be linked seeming they both take place in different galaxys

Atlantis is in a different galaxy?? I know people had been saying otherwise, but I'd assumed that O'Neill popping up a map of Earth and saying "Terra Atlantis" had indicated somewhat that Atlantis was in some way tied to, or based on Earth. Maybe I mis-read that one.

The mind-probe, btw, was countered somewhat by Thor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND THEREFORE I'M NOT USING A SPOILER:

I would say they will go the route of picking off the rest of the system lords and freeing the jaffa. It would be a huge hole in the storyline of all 8 series of the jaffa were left under the service of Eue and a couple of others. Also...it would be a nice warm feel to it if the technologicaly inferior earthlings freed the entire galaxy of its evil opressors in the space of 10years...

Atlantis will be in a new galaxy and therefore a new enemy to fight. I think the only way they will be linked will be that they discovery how to send people to another galaxy. Since thats only been done once or twice (and they never figured out how jack did it in the first place) then its high on the agenda of things to get done...just after
    Kill the gould
    Free the galaxy
    and
    Sort Jack out of that ice block

I wonder will the Asgard sort out the replicators themselves or will SG1 have to open a can of inerior minded whop-ass on them?

How can they pick off the other system lords?

The point off the anciant weapons is to defend earth is is just a SMALL outpost that can defend the planet all that does is protects earth 4ever.

The gouald are still a threat off world.
    Thor didnt counter Anbuis mind probe in any way.
    It defeated him and downloaded his mind into the gould computer it was thor who defeated the gould computer.

The mind device is still very powerfull

• Advertisement

Originally posted by User45701
    How can they pick off the other system lords?

They've been doing it for the past 7 years....
    The point off the anciant weapons is to defend earth is is just a SMALL outpost that can defend the planet all that does is protects earth 4ever.

The only person who knew how to use that weapon was jack and hes not saying much at the moment, so they'll have to figure something else out. But i don't think anyone is going to try an assault after Annubis & fleet were wiped out in orbit over earth.... so for the moent they should be ok.

As for finding the lost city, well we'll just have to wait and see, but they'll probably manage it towards the end.

Also if they found the lost city surely the weapons there could help wipe out the replicators?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Peace

I wonder will the Asgard sort out the replicators themselves or will SG1 have to open a can of inerior minded whop-ass on them?

Correct me if i am wrong but hadnt the asgard got the upper hand on the replicators.

Originally posted by Washout
    Correct me if i am wrong but hadnt the asgard got the upper hand on the replicators.

aye they have them traped in some time slow down planet jobby for a couple of hundered year's
    Atlantis is in a different galaxy
    Aye
    Altantis itself is on earth BUT the stargate there sends the altantis team to a different galaxy with a whole new galaxy spanning stargate network and enemys

If the asgard have the replcators sown up then why the hell are they unavailable to help out with the annubis dealio...earth being protected and all?

Well as with all large scale wars they have a way of ruining your fleet/planets/people + they have that whole race dieing off thing to worry about

Maybe they just cant help in one more large scale war have to rebuild and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by bizmark
    Well as with all large scale wars they have a way of ruining your fleet/planets/people + they have that whole race dieing off thing to worry about

Maybe they just cant help in one more large scale war have to rebuild and all that

I think the asgard have developed enough faith in earthlings beliving that earth is capable of defending itself.

plus also what bismark says

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by Peace
    If the asgard have the replcators sown up then why the hell are they unavailable to help out with the annubis dealio...earth being protected and all?

that treaty was between the system lords, earth, and the asguard.

as far as I remember anubis busted the crap out of the system lords so basically it nulified the treaty. Plus he called the asguards bluff in regard to them having superiour weapons and technology

The asguard dont have even one planet
    They have a huge fleet thats all, They lost every single planet in the war with the replicators.
    It will take them some time to re-build.

Yes with then destruction of anubis fleet no other gouald will even think about haveing a go at earth

I assume Baal is now the only system lord with any kind of power. They never really finished off the story of Lord Yu succumbing to old-age, but the combined fleets of the System Lords had been put under the control of Baal in the meantime, although Anubis spent much of the last year on the offensive against them, so they're likely to be comparitively weak.

I can't see them picking off the rest of the system lords though - the battle against the Goa'uld has always been one of subversion and atricion. Earth doesn't have the means to operate a large-scale offensive against them.

By the way, what happened to the psuedo-Goa'uld footsoldiers that Anubis was breeding? Are they gone now, will they be assimilated into the other system lords' forces, or will they be roaming around the galaxy?

Chances are they were on the ship with annubis.... now orbital debris.

• Advertisement

I doubt he had them all. Some would be left on the planet where they where made.
    There must stil be allot of anubis men around on different planets.

Baal is probbley the most powerfull system lord. If he takes over anubis former terrirory then he will become the first suppreme system lord since Ra over 2000 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I cant see any Goauld messing with SG-1 now, seeing as how we have these mad bio weapons to basically destroy anything that moves, even if Jack cant work them anymore, I think just the threat is enough

I think SG-1 now have to face up to some of the responsibility of the Asguard now - keeping this newfound technology out of the hands of unruly races like the Goa'uld. If the plot follows some kind of logic, we might see the roles of the Goa'uld and Earth reversed, to some degree. i.e. the System Lords sending people to subvert / spy on the workings of the SGC, and find the key to the ancient weapons. Could be interesting, although that is complete guesswork, so I'm assuming I will be totally wrong. :)

I wouldent be suprised if the exculvated the whole area around where they found the weapon and the stargate.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I agree with you, User. It'd be insane of them not to perform a mass excavation at the site. Naturally, this would give key roles for the team: Daniel Jackson would be of obvious use, given his archaelogical knowledge. Sam would be involved in working out how to employ the technologies, and Teal'c could lend his knowledge of Goa'uld legends. Additionally, they would be in close proximity to Frozen Jack and wouldn't have to deal too much with the SGC, which will be probably be the home of the 'Atlantis' cast for the first couple of episodes (particularly with the absence of Hammond).

Ive always thought that either SG1 or the Athlantis team would go off world with hammond to work on the off world base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Ive always thought that either SG1 or the Athlantis team would go off world with hammond to work on the off world base.

ATLANTIS MEGA-SPOILER, STOP NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

EDIT: Apperantly the space above, the message in bold and the lighter colour of the text below was not enough for user45701 and ixoy to understand that the text contains spoilers, so I added spoilertags.
    The atlantis team will be civilians, and the SG-1 people will only appear a few times (they will by no means be regular).

They will find a new stargate with a diffirent colour (I think it was green, the current one is blue).
    This stargate travels between galaxies, as opposed to just planets. Furthermore, they will find a ship that exactly fits through the stargate, and was made to travel through it.

In many places, the stargate won't be stationaty. Instead, it will be in orbit around the planet, so ships can go through it easily.

The new enemy they will find live on the lifeforce of other beeing. They are the ones believed to have finally defeated the ancients (although some of the ancient figured out the whole "acending" thing, so they weren't completly wiped out).

it sounds great really

Use a spoler tag!

[spoiler@] type spoiler here [/spoiler@] except type it without the @ and then it will be hidden like so
    type spoiler here

• Advertisement

You know in all fairness THIS
    ATLANTIS MEGA-SPOILER, STOP NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Kinda gives it away

Advertisement