Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Feedback

Options
  • 22-03-2004 3:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have started this thread seeing that David from the Fitzwilliam Card Club has joined our ranks. Now is an opportune moment to try and give the club some feedback and maybe we can get some changes.

Myself I would like to see a hold'em cash game started where you dont have to be a millionaire to play - low stakes, maybe €1/€2 blinds etc.

I also like the idea of the club teaching us how to deal proberly - since we are doing it ourselves alot these days - it would also help us to determine side pots etc.

A early afternoon tournie on the weekends would help people like myself who are housebound with new kids - night jobs etc.

Any other ideas let me know

Hyzepher

Fitzwilliam Suggestions 26 votes

Start a €50 Freeze-out tournie (replace one of the €20 rebuys)
    0% 0 votes
    Start tournies on a Sat/Sun afternoon
    30% 8 votes
    Hold a Dealer training day - so we get better at it
    15% 4 votes
    Hold'em cash games - low entry
    0% 0 votes
    All the above
    11% 3 votes
    I am happy the way things are - David is a legend!!
    42% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Eh? I demand an extra option - All of the above!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Done

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Too late damnit! - I voted for the €50 option. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

I voted for €50 freezeout but would be in favour of some less scary cash games too.

Not knowing an awful lot about the cash games - what are the blinds/minimum buy-in? Are they all alternating between holdem and omaha?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I demand a “No changes the Fitz is fine the way it is / I fear change” option for balance. You are disenfranchising people who think the Fitz is fine the way it is. The feedback will be worthless, worthless I tell you unless people have a option to say they are happy with it as it is.

MrP

PS way to go stealing my idea
    :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MrPudding
    PS way to go stealing my idea
    :D

Still your idea - I just got off my arse and put it into practice ;)

Hyzepher

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I voted for the €50.00 tournament, I played last night (Sunday), and spent €60, so a €50 freeze out would save me a tenner!

However, I also particularly like the sound of both a (low) cash Hold 'em game, and afternoon/early evening games - I invariably find myself yawning quite a bit when I manage to make a final table.

Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Maybe you should have "Dave is a legend" as a separate option. What if you wanted a change and thought Dave was a legend. See, disenfranchised.

MrP

Originally posted by MrPudding
    Maybe you should have "Dave is a legend" as a separate option. What if you wanted a change and thought Dave was a legend. See, disenfranchised.

MrP

You're just a born troublemaker - aren't ya?

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I had the ''great pleasure'' of playing in a cash game last week and if my drunken mind is correct the holdem blinds were only 1, 2 but as its no limits and 50 euro rebuy for more chips the pots go up in value quickly. The only downside to this is it was Holdem/Omaha which was my downfall. A cheaper Holdem only would be much appreciated imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I love the idea of a €50 freeze-out..
    Friday 6:15pm would be a perfect time too (or any other day of the week!).
    Wouldn't mind a weekday, as it would get me out of work for a while..

I'd be good for a couple of games a month.. A few of my friends would be keen to play too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Yeah i like the idea of €50 euro freezeout.. going up against people on Thursday nights who are willing to spend €30 in the first ten minutes are a bit annoying at times :)

I think the sat/saun afternoon tournies would be great too---it does make it a bit hard on Friday if you don't get home until between 1 and 3 am on Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

1) Evening games, starting at 6.30 ish. €20 freezeouts and the like. The place is never busy up until 8-9pm.

2) Low limit cash games. €20 buy-in, small blinds, let me win my rent money!!

3) Lessons in Omaha, Punto-whatever-it-is, Blackjack, etc. The more we know, the more we gamble, the more we win/lose!

4) €50 freezeout. Maybe starting saturday 5pm or 6pm?? Afterwards, if you win, you go to the pub. If you lose you ehh.. go to the pub.

5) Make Dave wear a hat. A large, floppy, colourful, velvet hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Also meant to mention another idea.

Single table Freeze outs, 20 or 50?? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dapope

Hi Dave,

Here's an idea thats a little nerdy but may be of some interest to you:

I think early evening single table freezouts starting at 6.30 with a €20 or €30 buy in are the way to go. No dealer would be required.

You could provide a facility through your website whereby people could register for these torunaments online early during the day. You could collect credit card details and deduct money from peoples accounts. Registration would close at say 5.30 and if someone doesn't turn up well you can either refund them or it's there hard luck. Games would start at 6.30 sharp, blinds would go up every 10 minutes. People arriving late would only be able to join for the first two rounds of blinds.

I think if you where considering this option it would be best to conduct a survey to determine interest. It's just a guess but i think most of the nerds (myself included) on this site would be interested.

PS: Patent No: AceKingSuitedAllin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

I'll second (or third, or whatever) the idea for early 6:30pm games with a €20 freezeout ... ideal for almost any night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I like the idea of low-level entry freeze-outs as I am but a poor student. The early starts are also appealing. However the credit card plan is well - not a good idea. There really in no need for on-line sign-up just get yer arse over and register. As for the blinds going up every ten minutes well that's just madness. May as well play roulette - it just becomes a game of luck with a structure like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

yeah i'd be very interested in low entry freezeouts round 6.30. Be very tempting after work. No idea if they could be profitable for the fitz though,
    Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dapope

Drop the credit card bit so and bump the blinds up every 15 minutes.

The credit card idea was just to make sure people turn up when they register.
    I do think that the blinds will have to go up fast and furious. The Fitz won't want 2 or 3 tables taken up by small freezouts come 9 or 10 o'clock. There's not much in it for them really. I mean a freezeout at 20 yo yo's all they can really charge is a 2 euro registration fee and with 10 players ...

All they really make is whatever money people blow on blackjack or roullette while waiting for other players to arrive. And i for one try to avoid those silly games :)

I dont think a €20 freeze out would work - a €50 is more likely. Actually I dont think I would play a €20 freeze out if there were only 20 or so players.

The early starts wouldn't be too much of an issue as by 9:30 there would be only one table left anyway and except for Thursdays none of the regular tournaments take up all the tables.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I think €50 is the perfect amount for a freeze-out game. There has to be enough money entered so the prize money is a decent size. Saying that - I'd just be throwing my money away the way I'm playing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I think €50 is the perfect amount for a freeze-out game.
    So if there was say 10 players interested in this game, thats €500 towards paying the Fitz and prizemoney.
    Anyone any idea how much the fitz would charge/rake from this €500 for dealer time, use of chips and cards and whatever else?

At a €50 freeze out the Fitz would charge €55 to enter - €50 into the fund, €5 for themselves

Hyzepher

Advertisement