Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual C++ Building error

Options
  • 21-03-2004 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I'm pretty new to programming and Visual C++ and am hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. I can get the program to compile ok, but then when I click the build button I get the following errors:

Linking...
    1) Analysis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual struct AFX_MSGMAP const * __thiscall CAnalysis::GetMessageMap(void)const " (?GetMessageMap@CAnalysis@@MBEPBUAFX_MSGMAP@@XZ)

2) Analysis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class CGuardianDoc * __thiscall CAnalysis::GetGuardianDoc(void)" (?GetGuardianDoc@

Questions I would like to konw are:
    a) What do these mean?
    b) Where should I start to look to find the solution?
    c) possible causes of the error?

Some detail on what I'm trying to do:

I'm modifying a programme that displays graphs. I've modified the tool-bar to create a new menu. For this menu I've created a new class. This new class is to perform an analysis on some code that was initally written in C (which I have converted into C++ and got it to excute ok).

Any other info that I can provide please ask.

Thanks in advance,
    Water-man (or woman??)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

CAnalysis is a class you have written yourself ? Make sure it's included in the project. If it's from a library, make sure you have the library included in your linking options, or the easy way is to just add the library to the project.

The problem is that the compiler can't find the object implementation of the GetMessageMap and
    GetGuardianDoc methods.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Gav said: "CAnalysis is a class you have written yourself ?"

Yes. Thanks for your help.

Water-man

Advertisement