Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Green Energy presents AMY WINEHOUSE, June 4th

Options
  • 19-03-2004 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Latest addition to the line-up...

Heineken Green Energy presents
    AMY WINEHOUSE plus special guests
    The Village, Wexford Street, Dublin 2.
    Friday, June 4th ‘04
    Tickets: €20 (inc. booking fee) on sale now
    Doors: 7.30pm

AMY WINEHOUSE makes her debut Irish appearance with a very special show at Dublin’s Village venue on Friday, June 4th as part of this year’s Heineken Green Energy Festival.

Amy has just been nominated for the an Ivor Novello Award in the Best Contemporary Song category for ‘Stronger Than Me’ from her widely-acclaimed debut album, ‘Frank’ (released October ’03).

The prestigious Ivor Novello Awards take place in May and honours the best in British songwriting and is the centerpiece for UK talent. Last year’s winners included Coldplay (Songwriters of the Year), David Gray (Best Song), and The Streets – who also play this year’s Heineken Green Energy – for Best Contemporary Song.

Following her 2 Brit Award nominations in the Best Female Solo Artist and Best Urban Act, and with an ever-increasing collection of timeless songs already behind her, Amy is fast becoming one of the most talked about female performers around.

She releases the new double A-Side single, ‘In My Bed/You Sent Me Flying’ on April 2nd. The CD version includes the exclusive track, ‘Best Friends’, while the 12” features a Bugz in the Attic Vocal, and Bass Gangsta mixes.

‘In My Bed/You Sent Me Flying’ is the follow-up single to ‘Stronger Than Me’.

In advance of her Irish appearance, Amy will be performing at a special Billie Holiday tribute, ‘Billie & Me’ at The Barbican in London on April 5th. Also performing on the night are Fontella Bass, Terri Lyne Carrington, Nenah Cherry, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Carleen Anderson, and Angelique Kidjo.

Don’t miss Amy Winehouse Live at The Village on Friday, June 4th.

Tickets: €20 (inc. booking fee) are on sale now from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide. Over 18s, Garda approved ID required.

Also confirmed for this year’s Heineken Green Energy Festival are Iggy Pop and The Stooges, Josh Ritter, Morrissey, The Streets, I Am Kloot, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, with more still to be announced.

www.AmyWinehouse.com

“it’s these contradictions (old jazz with new hip hop, lyrically witty, but musically serious, unique but uncannily familiar) that make Amy’s debut so engrossing, so vital” – Time Out.

“’Frank’ is a staggeringly assured, sit-up-and-listen debut, both commercial and eclectic, accessible and uncompromising, the kind of record that people will still be playing far into the future. It is no exaggeration to state that the voice with which Winehouse articulates this mental warfare is one of the most extraordinary to be heard in pop music for years” – Sunday Times.

“Dirty, flirty, funny, sarcastic, abusive, self-lacerating, heartbreaking and extra-ordinarily worldly-wise” – Daily Telegraph.

“The new Badu? Hell, why not!” – Jockey Slut.

Advertisement