Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garfield

Options
  • 19-03-2004 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

for a cat... he really knows what he is talking about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah i've always loved that cat. Takes after my own heart....that is when you consider the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach :P

Gives me an idea for a seperate thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

isnt there a garfield movie comming out this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Originally posted by Unpossible
    isnt there a garfield movie comming out this summer?

Unfortunatly, yes there is. And it seems that whoever wrote the movie never bothered to even take one look at the comic. From the clip I saw months ago, he was very energetic, dancing round the place a lot and generally being a lot more mobile and less lazy, food orientated, and sarcastic than the garfield we all know and love.

Pathetic cash in appealing to older folk, hoping to draw in some new kids, and totally ignoring the character thus disgusting actual fans, what a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles

Pathetic cash in appealing to older folk, hoping to draw in some new kids, and totally ignoring the character thus disgusting actual fans, what a surprise.

Oh god, please ... there should be protests against this kind of thing happening,
    anyway... garfield rocks and all but I am amazed just how much sense that strip actually made!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Calvin & Hobbes tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I agree, I read Garfield as a kid and it was ok, but I much prefer Calvin and Hobbes. The funny parts are funnier and the contemplative bits are better. Plus it had the Spaceman Spiff and Tracer Bullet strips, which were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's so much deeper :) Ooh and his snowmen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

funny have a calvin and hobbes comic book right in front of me right now but garfield rocks aswell

Advertisement