Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets get it on ! Todd Snogs Karl in Corrie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I never usually watch Coronation Street, but I think I'll be watching that episode ;D.

Seriously, I think it's great to finally have a mainstream television series finally bust some of the stereotypes about gay people. Also, if the production company is looking for auditions for prospective future partners of Todd, I'm definitely interested ;).

/me goes off to practice his french kissing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

maybe this is all we might see of this, it seems The Sun(tabloid newspaper) is on a mission to rid the world (or itv atleast) of gay kissing and sex. They already bullied ITV into getting rid of the gay sex scene in Footballers Wives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

April 12, hmm? *makes note of the date*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Seems I'm not as bent on Todd (har har) as most, but I look forward to the development of this storyline and indeed their relationship.
    David Allison, of pressure group Outrage, said: “Gay people are too often portrayed as limp-wristed, handbag-swinging poofs. This is a great step forward.”
    I completely agree and was very impressed with Karl's stereotype-straight boyfriend, not an accentuation, limp wrist or mince in sight :) (indeed the same applies to Karl)
    John Beyer, director of Media Watch UK, said: “This will cause offence.
    Oh grow up ffs. Like nobody has been offended by some of the others' snogs? Dreaded Barlow for example? Yik!

To any of the die-hard Corrie fans/Sun readers who think it's a disgrace/inappropriate... IT HAPPENS, get used to it! Accept that it does - because it WON'T go away.

It is what it's.

Originally posted by Zhane
    maybe this is all we might see of this, it seems The Sun(tabloid newspaper) is on a mission to rid the world (or itv atleast) of gay kissing and sex. They already bullied ITV into getting rid of the gay sex scene in Footballers Wives.
    It's called sensationalist journalism and, unfortunately, it sells.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Originally posted by oneweb
    Seems I'm not as bent on Todd (har har) as most,

Ah he's cute alright.
    Jaysus, I saw him on ant and dec on saturday night ( Dec is georgeous :) ) he had been the target of a skit where ant and dec pretended to be two fans of the show in japan...they were dressed as wimmen-lol

Dec got to kiss Todd too, the bastid.
    Yer man that plays todd looked damn fine on ant and dec's sofa with his blue jeans sitting down and legs well... :):p:)

Originally posted by Rock Climber
    Ah he's cute alright.
    Jaysus, I saw him on ant and dec on saturday night ( Dec is georgeous :) ) he had been the target of a skit where ant and dec pretended to be two fans of the show in japan...they were dressed as wimmen-lol
    OMG, I was bent over double in stiches laughing at that to the point of almost wetting myself :D:):D Fantastic program (Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway)!

#Corrie tune: Todd Todd Todd, Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd...

:D

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

So did anyone see it? I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Saw it yeah. I think ITV cut it. I could be wrong, but the pics in The Sun last month showed more tongue action that actually appeared on the TV.

Hate to be Todd, pregnant girlfriend and ya realise ya like guys! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

Yea, it was a bit dissapointing on the ol' tounge front alright:( but at least we got practically a whole episode about Todd and that cute tight ass of his:D

• Advertisement

The heart wrenching seems to be well done/researched and well played , I can see a lot of what I was through once or twice at times in it ( except the baby bit :D )

I thought the "cinders" text sent by karl to todd was an excelent touch!!

It's gonna get me watching again tonight.

Spoilers to be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i fink that todd karl storyline is boss im glad they finally got one in

i mean manchester is such a gay capital and it is a shame to not have gay people in corrie im a mad fan of it

im not gay myself im just very liberal lol and openminded, i fink its tha choice of people to do what ever they want, ive got lotsa gay mates and they r all sound i dont see why papers like the sun make such a fuss over it, if 2 people r in love then they should be allowd to be 2geva

ie if todd is in love with karl then he can kiss him, its isnt really any different to him kissin sarah lou, they dont try and ban that tho do they, the sun r just small minded i h8 them - they have to put naked women on papers to sell them

this story line is gunna progress and i fink todd tells sarah but im not sure but i saw a lickle snippet on this little corrie special and karl sed "if u really love me u will tell sarah" and todd agreed

its cute lol

l8er dudes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 XtremeLpool2k4

I think that story line is great - it is refreshing to finally see gay people in a soap

im not gay myself but im very openminded and liberal and i believe in equal rights for all

from a young age i was raised to know that gay and lesbian was normal (not that it isnt) but for me it is just the same as heterosexual - there is no difference

todd kissing karl is no different to todd kissing sarah

manchester is such a gay capital also its a shame not to have gay people in corrie

homosexuality is far easier for me to accept than many of my friends.
    i have many gay friends and many gay family so its just a fact of life
    we live in the 21st century those small headed ppl at the sun should get used to the fact gay people are people to, just the same as heterosexual. we live in a multi cultured society, not every1 is straight, it is immoral to rule out gays, they make up a large sector of our society and if im honest i have more fun going on gay nights out with my mates than straight, they r more friendly, funny, easy going, and there is no fighting at the end of a night, i love going to gay bars and because im comfortable with myself i dont care what people think.

the sun are pigs, i dont like the stuff they said about hillborough a while back, Tw@s, that is what they r lol

I dunno what the oldie are a thinking what with, F uck used as a swear word in last nights episode by Todds mum.
    And all this gay stuff, Karl was being really mean to Todd last night.
    The Actor that plays Karl was on loraine kelly this morning, mad I missed that.
    What team does he bat for by the way :D

Anyways the storyline is not too bad at all,its kinda educational for anyone maybe in their late teens going through that kind emotional turmoil.

pity they wouldn't use the zoom lens during the kissing action tho ;p

Originally posted by Rock Climber
    I dunno what the oldie are a thinking what with, F uck used as a swear word in last nights episode by Todds mum.
    It wasn't F uck she said! It was taped at home and mother went, OMG did she just say the F word?!?. So we stopped and rewound a bit - Eileen (Todd's mum) actually said "why d'you have to go muck up your life" but fluffed it enough to sound like f uck :)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Found this on another website:

Top 'Corrie' star quits

Bruno Langley, who plays sexually confused Todd Grimshaw, is quitting Coronation Street to pursue his acting career.

Langley, who joined the Street in 2001, made Corrie history after kissing Karl in what was the soap's first ever gay kiss.

"I have worked at Coronation Street since I left college at 18 and I feel it is time to develop myself as an actor," Langley said.

"The last four years have been some of the happiest years of my life and I wouldn't have missed this opportunity for the world. The cast and crew of Coronation Street have been like my second family," he continued

"I have thoroughly enjoyed working on some fabulous storylines and it feels as though now is the best time to leave, both for myself and the character - The current storyline has been fantastic to play and I am looking forward to seeing how the writers will develop it for my departure."

Corrie producer, Tony Wood, added: "Bruno is a talented young actor with a great future ahead of him. He has been an asset to the show and his portrayal of the sexually confused Todd Grimshaw has been superb.

"He will be missed by everyone here but we fully understand his desire to further his acting career and wish him every success for the future."

Advertisement