Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They gots ta win sumtime!

Options
  • 18-03-2004 12:40pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Let me tell you an amazing story from last night. I'm playing to the right of a big ol loud mouth. He's talking for everything he's worth. Trash talking people, myself included telling me I wouldnt have my chips for long, telling the ladies he bet more against them because they are weak players etc. Generally trying to get under everyone's skin. The lady to his left reminded me enormously of a hong kong housewife who plays on Late Night Poker occasionally. Her name is maggie and she's not messing about when she plays. She has basically two bets, fold and all-in... theres the occasional call but other then that, its one of those two.

Now big mouth isnt making many friends, though he's definitely entertaining and a character. He's giving her the worst stick and while she's more then a match for him but you can see he's getting to her. Luke even gave him a warning for "speech-play"!

Eventually he goes all in and starts the usual ragging on her etc... he's really annoying people now because as he has lost chips from his (admittedly huge) early position, he's been getting worse. Now theres something about this lady I like. She's tough and she knows how to bet. She's the last to act and everyone but him is gone. She looks at the dealer and says "now I no fold, ok?!" and turns over her cards. 73o! She looks right at yer man and says "Now I call you all in with this." He laughingly turns over A8d and stops laughing the minute a 7,3,2 flop comes. She busts his chops for him and he wasnt talking much when he took the long walk. I took no joy whatsoever in turning in my seat as he passed and shouting "player gone!" to Luke... :)

I eventually busted Maggie with a pair of AA over a pair of her 44 at final table but you have to give her credit for the biggest pair of the night, and I dont mean cards!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

"player gone"

ROFL. Oh the irony of irony.

Advertisement