Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Poker

Options
  • 18-03-2004 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

The wife (and most of her family) are off to the Diana Ross concert on Saturday night ... anyone interested in trying to organise a home game on short notice? :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Mr. Pudding has already organised a game in his pad in Cabinteely for this coming Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Unless I'm mistaken (or the date was changed), MrPudding's game is on the 27th is it not? I'm talking about this Saturday - the 20th.

Oops, my mistake.
    You're right, that game is actually organised for Saturday week (27/03/04).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146285

Hehe two posts at the same time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I could go for this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I wouldn't mind losing more money to you guys.

Originally posted by amp
    I wouldn't mind losing more money to you guys.

I believe between us you're winning .. I'll try to change that next time though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If its city centre or southside of the city then I'm in! I can bring chips and I promise not to hit any straights or flushes on the river card, except against Dev.

Originally posted by lafortezza
    If its city centre or southside of the city then I'm in! I can bring chips and I promise not to hit any straights or flushes on the river card, except against Dev.

What's wrong with the northside :dunno:

Originally posted by casper-
    What's wrong with the northside :dunno:
    "This one is small Dougal, but those ones out there are faaaar away..."
    How far northside are we talking?
    I'm currently out near Bray at my parents house so would prefer a nearby game personally. But tempt me with alcohol and dancing girls and I may waver.

• Advertisement

Hehehe :) one of my favourite Father Ted lines. Yeah with the DART shut down on the weekends I could see how that would get annoying. I'm in Killester (three stops on the train north of Tara St.) but if we could find a place nearer city centre I'm sure we could attract more people.

Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if there was any interest :)

Unfortunately something has come up here at home so I won't be able to go anywhere on Saturday night! :(
    I should be able to go tonight though, see you all in the Henry G or the Fitz at around 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Hi I'm free this Saturday :) will you pm me with the details if there are still spots available.

Thanks

Originally posted by Spiritus
    Hi I'm free this Saturday :) will you pm me with the details if there are still spots available.

Thanks

Well we've got four so far .. not sure if that's really enough or if people are <gasp> willing to travel to the northside ;)

I can fit about six around the table here; I don't think people want to sit on the floor :) If anyone's got a more central location that's available that might help things too.

If not, no worries - this really was just an extremely last-minute effort here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I went to the north side once. Didn't like it.

MrP

Originally posted by MrPudding
    I went to the north side once. Didn't like it.

MrP

Hmmm...where's Trojan when I need some backup :)

I'd host it here only the flat's already booked for something else.

I'm going to this new free in thing on Sunday in the Fitz. For anyone that wasn't there last night it's the same as Thursday nights only it's Sunday and thus doubley sinful. Starts at 18:30.

Originally posted by amp
    I'd host it here only the flat's already booked for something else.

I'm going to this new free in thing on Sunday in the Fitz. For anyone that wasn't there last night it's the same as Thursday nights only it's Sunday and thus doubley sinful. Starts at 18:30.

Is that this week it starts (21st)? I didn't keep a copy of the sheet they handed out.

Originally posted by casper-
    Is that this week it starts (21st)? I didn't keep a copy of the sheet they handed out.

No, it starts on Sunday March 28th.

Ah buggar, I thought it was tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement