Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz on Paddy's day

Options
  • 17-03-2004 5:43pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of toddling along tonight to play in the €20-in in the fitz. See if I cant pick up some spending money for the holidays!

Anyone thinking about a Paddy's day blast? (Business as usual, I checked!)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

How'd you get on?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pity more of you didnt come along last night, I could have done with the money. :)

Got down to 4th place when the players at the final table made a deal and split the 1150 four ways with 50 for the dealer and 100 to play for. Meaning I walked away with 250 notes in my back pocket last night. We played on and I came second despite clawing my way back into the heads up.

The standard at the 20-in game is a quantum jump higher then the Thursday night and I seem to actually do better there then on Thursday nights. I've played it twice and been at the last table twice (admittedly there are only usually 3 tables but they are filled with very good players!). Its very expensive though as you cant really expect to play with less then 40 and more likely 60 quid (considering its 20 quid just to sit down and 20 more to top up!)

Savage night, couldnt get to sleep for thinking about hands!

DeV.

Well done.

I've played the Sunday night one twice (same structure) and came nowhere. Though one time I was doing really well till I ended up with pocket queens betting into the big stack's pocket kings. That's poker I said to myself.

I find it so difficult to build a stack in the rebuy tournaments. I wish the fitz would run a €50 freezeout. I'd be there every week.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Theres a 50 freezeout game (one €50 top-up allowed at the break). Apparently its an excellent game.

I was well pleased with last night as I've been there or there abouts a fair number of times now and cocked it up when I got big stacked. One thing I've learned (and learned the hard way) is that you really have to change gears more often then Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. You get big stacked and you think you can bully... wrong, walk into a monster and half your stack is gone. So you play tight, but before you can get to the last table you have to play at a table of either 4 or 5 players (they wont combine the two last tables until there are 9).... playing ducks arse tight at those tables means fast nasty blinds and you get whittled down again.
    Every hand last night at the second last table felt like an exam in poker. I swear I find it harder to play second last table then the last one sometimes.

Anyway, fun game and lots of crack with the regulars! Its nice to take money out and Luke and Dave were saying we'd collectively done well this week... I've made almost my weeks wages so far from the Fitz this week :):) ... gonna see if I can win me a ticket this evening too, just for badness!

DeV

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

That €50 game id one top-up OR one buy-in, so not technically a freeze out. The fitz like buy-ins as it increases the prize pool and I think most people who play like the idea of having a second chance.

But you are right a €50 freeze out would be good.

Also, I always wondered why they dont have a tournie on a Sat or Sun afternoon - now that would be good.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by DeVore
    Luke and Dave were saying we'd collectively done well this week... DeV

I think we have started to get some tongues talking :)

Hyzepher

Yeah I wish they had more than one freezeout on their weekly schedule they could easily throw it in on either Wednesday or Sunday nights where they have identical buyin tournaments.

I don't mind the buyins I'd just like the option to play a freezeout for less than €100.

Do the fitz read this? Obey me!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DapperGent

I don't mind the buyins I'd just like the option to play a freezeout for less than €100.
    Personally I don't really mind this one... ;)

Advertisement