Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software suggestions

Options
  • 17-03-2004 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

What are people here using to read/write Chinese on their PCs?

I'm using English Windows XP at home and I've been considering what I should install to allow me to use Chinese. Requirements are:

- pinyin input system
    - when I mouse over Chinese text, I can get pinyin and English meaning (i.e. an integrated dictionary)

That's all really. Fancy fonts and graphics would be a bonus.

I know of three overlays for English Windows: RichWin, Chinese Star and NJStar. But they are all quite expensive and I'm not sure if they have been updated for WinXP.

I have also noticed Wenlin and PowerWord.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I use the software that came with my writing tablet, can't remember for my life what it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭weichen

First option: Install chinese windows xp Multi language package on your machine,then go to control panel,click Regional Options,chose chinese

2nd option:install NJstar from NJstar.com,It allows you to type chinese and read chinese char from english windows

---- when I mouse over Chinese text, I can get pinyin and English meaning (i.e. an integrated dictionary)

I have no idea,but i suggest you try PowerWord.,it may works.

Fred

Advertisement