Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Datasets without a database??

Options
  • 16-03-2004 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Is there a way that you could create a dataset in C# and fill it with data that comes from a class & not from a database.
    Basically i have a number of variables that hold decimal values which are calculated in a controller class and are then set in an entity class using accessors. I want to create a method in the controller class so that all these decimal values can be called from the entity class and returned to the UI class for display.

I was thinking that using datasets might be used to solve this or maybe im just cracking up. Im not a very experienced programmer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

You can very easily. First create a typed dataset, a typed dataset has a schema which is driven from an xsd file. Then you can create an instance of that typed dataset and populate either through code, from a database or from an xml file. The VS.Net has a very nice typed dataset builder, I would start by looking at that and reading the help file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭powerage22

thanks!

Advertisement