Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arty programming

Options
  • 16-03-2004 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I am going to put this in the art section aswell cause I'm not really sure where it belongs.
    Kinda of like myself.

I'm finishing a degree in Commercial computing ... software development. My inital reason for doing it was to get a grounding in computers before I went on to study graphic design!? .. kinda like killing a fly with a bull dozer I realise now.

I have found OpenGL/graphics to be interesting and the HCI factors along with semiotic knowledge to cross the boundries of computers and art.

My question ... Is there such a career that exists that would involve my interests?

or is anyone out there doing a course be it under or post grad that involves these topics or something similar ... doesn't have to be in Ireland

please let me know ... I'd appricate it.

I have spoke with career guidance officers to no avail ... and if I'm still lost for motive by next year I am going to visit the career guidance officers in other colleges!

any advise that would save me a journey would be excellent :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Trinity's M.Sc. in Multimedia Systems sounds alot like what you're looking for. According to them it involves "disciplines ranging from graphic design to computer programming". Worth looking into I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Thanks Jazz ... is that the course you did?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Nope, I'm afraid I don't know much about it except for what's on their site!

Advertisement