Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz €100 freezeout on Mondays

Options
  • 16-03-2004 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Most enjoyable poker ever!
    After we won the business league a few of us decided to put our prizemoney into playing in the €100 freezeout in the Fitz.
    You get 4000 chips, blinds are 25-50.

I ended up finishing 3rd on the night, got me some decent prizemoney.
    But the main difference compared to the Thursday night free-for-all is that all the players are very good players, there's no n00bs to wreck your head.

Everyone plays *properly*, nobody calls blinds with trash, nobody keeps calling all your bets to the river with 3 outs.
    You only play good cards? You'll have a tight table image within an hour and lots of table respect. I won about 3 hands in quick succession and found myself considering a small stack's all in bet at the opposite end of the table.
    I looked at my cards, looked at my chips, looked up at the table, and *every* player is staring at me trying to read me.
    Check-raising happens alot. People will trap with trips all the time.

At the end of a hand the better players will call what you had out loud. "I put you on Q8 for middle pair". You had K8. You think "Am I that easy to read??"

It was an education and if you want to play good poker then thats the night to play. Hyzepher said that Friday night €50 buyin is the same.
    If you're willing to spen €40-50 on a thursday night, save up and go on a monday, it'll improve your game alot.

My favourite hand last night. Holding 7 of spade and 2 of hearts in the small blind. It goes around unraised, I give a big enthusiastic "Call!" and no raise from the big blind. 3 players. 3 spades come on the flop. I have the 7. Check-Check-Check. Another spade on the turn. I go all-in, they both fold. I proudly show 7-2 offsuit.

I love poker.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Great job tezza - you deserved it! Getting a bit of a habit now eh?

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Great job tezza - you deserved it! Getting a bit of a habit now eh?
    Hyzepher
    All the players especially at the last table were far more experienced than me, but they still made silly mistakes! Funny how when you're not in a hand and are watching people, reading them becomes an awful lot easier!
    Tis a habit I like for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Don't be shy lafortezza, how much dosh did ya win?? You should give the 250 a shot next week seeing as you are in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

6th paid €100, dunno about 5th or 4th, 3rd paid me €450, 2nd paid about€800, and top prize was €1700. I think it was their biggest prize fund in a long time for the monday game. Swollen by 4 Boards players, whoda thunk it?
    About 32 players started I think.

No €250 for me, I'll never buy into that, I'll win a ticket one of these days...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by lafortezza
    About 32 players started I think.

36 started - I came 15th - bummer

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Originally posted by lafortezza
    [After we won the business league a few of us decided to put our prizemoney into playing in the €100 freezeout in the Fitz.

Well done lafortezza good show. I sensibly invested my money in stocks, I mean fell into the Fitz on Tuesday night after a skinfull of pints, sat down and played a €50 Holdem/Omaha game. Omaha was being played when I sat down. That game is the scurge of the devil, and cost me the 50, invested the other 50 and threw cards in till Holdem started, And 5 hands later I was making my stand with QK spade for €15 Nothing on the board was beaten by pair of 8's by a guy who called my all in with 82o. Standard was usually high apart from his call.

I played the Merrion 100 last week and found it an excellent experience as well and would reccomend it as a great learning experience

Advertisement