Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wok recipes

Options
  • 15-03-2004 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi !

Has anyone a few good Wok recipes ? All kinds of Asian recipes are welcome as well ?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Most dishes that you cook in a frying pan, you can also cook in a wok...
    I've seen a Chef cook a full-Irish breakfast in a wok (all at the same time)...

Wok's have some particular strengths though:
    1) Because of the high and even distribution of heat, Wok's are incredibly useful for cooking Stir-frys (suprise, surpise!). Wok's allow you to cook vegetables very quickly, without losing the texture, flavour and goodness of the vegetables..

2) Steaming - Small amount of water in the base of a Wok, plonk (technical term) your steaming basket on top, and hey Presto, your own steam cooker..

I have a number of Chinese recipes that I cook fairly often, so I'll type 'em up when I get a chance. Most of them are robbed and adapted from the TV Chefs, e.g. Ken Hom, Jamie Oliver, etc..

Favourites include:
    Strange tasting Eggs
    Fast and Spicy meat sauce for noodles
    Chicken with Lemon and Orange
    Spicy pork with ginger and garlic
    My kids' favouite: Sweet and Sour chicken balls with fried rice..

Advertisement