Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Clubs

• 14-03-2004 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭

This may be the wrong forum but i didn't feel it deserved to go in gigs, if i placed it in the wrong forum please mods just move :) thanks

I'm looking for either good rock clubs or rock/dancish(primal scream and the like) clubs all in dublin. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wELL, there are none !
    There is bruxsellesss on grafton st, thats just a pub that plays metal music.
    Then theres fibbers, thats like a club but i dont think they play much rock, was talking to DJ and he was saying stuff like vanilla ice and what not.

TMBC has some rock nights, sometime, keep an eye out for them.
    TMBC = temple bar music center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

Hmmmmm interesting,there really should be there is a market for it

Thats all i know, there could be 1 or 2 more but i seriously doubt it.
    TMBC has some GOTH/ROCK nights, thats about the only decent thing, yeah there is a market for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Upstairs in Doyles - most nights

Issac Butts - Thurs - Sat?

Whelans

There not really clubs, man ?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Whelan's usually have a club after the gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by Placebo
    There not really clubs, man ?

Neither is Bruxelles for that matter, man..... Fibbers plays rock but it can be hit and miss, good laugh though.

Try downstairs in the Oak/Tomas Reids on a Friday or Saturday, the DJ plays great stuff, bring yer own and he will throw it on, cd that is........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Should you stray North of Dublin...

Belfast: The Limelight - Tuesdays and Saturdays (I recommend)
    The Venue - Fridays
    Laverty's - Thursdays
    The Rosetta - Thursdays - Sundays
    The Menagerie (University Road) - Most nights
    Queens Student Union - Friday Night in Mandella Hall

Letterkenny: The Orchard - Monday and some Fridays (Mondays in particular come VERY highly recommended)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Not clubs, but as said,

Bruxelles :D
    Fibbers :(
    The Oak :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

In Dublin

The Oak (Downstairs in Thomas Reeds) that's near Parliament Street opposite up beyond the Olympia theatre. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
    Bruxelles off Grafton Street
    Doyles on College Street
    The Isaac Butt on Store Street
    The Temple Bar Music Centre
    Whelans on Wexford Street (Particularly good club on Thursday nights)
    Fibbers

They're all the ones I've been to, The Oak would probably be my favourite of them all though. Nicer crowd or something there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's the same story down here in Cork. We used to have a good choice when Freakscene and Planet of Sound were running in Henry's. Since they left there however, the music has softened, and just isn't quite as good. I did go to a new venus on Friday over the Old Oak, called Cypress Avenue, which wasn't too bad.

There are plenty of pubs catering to that type of music, Fred Zepp's, The Wolfhound, the Oval and to a lesser degree, the Quad and the Brog. But clubs are hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

I like the Oak but I disagree about the crowd - too many drunken tossers either robbing stuff (drinks, your coat, your wallet). All three have happened to me, on three seperate occasions.

The music is excellent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The Oak/Thomas Reeds used to be great, but the bouncers & management were having seizures over all the moshing that used to go on so the DJ has been told to 'tone it down', so it's not as good anymore :(

Bruxelles still flies the flag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

yeah :rolleyes: bruxelles if ya like the smell of male humanity because it gets so packed in there, don't go.

Neither is Bruxelles for that matter, man.....
    There is bruxsellesss on grafton st, thats just a pub that plays metal music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I think the message here is that Dublin is a loada ****e, and I agree with Johnny V about the Oak, it has a really ****ty crowd in there, mates coats went missing, dick heads spilling pints, gah.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Saw Jesse MAlin in Whealens the end of febuary, excellent gig.

Maroon 5 are playing there 2morro night, i have my ticket. decent venue.

I'd consider Jesse MAlin and Maroon5 to be Rock...not mad heavy stuff though.

Advertisement