Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aluminum garden furniture?

Options
  • 13-03-2004 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭

has anyone sen any nice black or dark green aluminum garden tables and chairs in their travels?

Wood is everywhere - but i want to leave mine out all year. (and dont tell me I can with wood)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I noticed B&Q were setting up their new range last week. I didn't see them all but there were come aluminium sets. I think you will see a lot more aluminium sets around this year. Seems to be the 'new thing'.

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Aluminium furniture tends to suffer a little if left out in all weathers. Also darker colours will show up scratches more easily than light colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Originally posted by yankinlk
    has anyone sen any nice black or dark green aluminum garden tables and chairs in their travels?

Wood is everywhere - but i want to leave mine out all year. (and dont tell me I can with wood)

Argos have some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

That aluminium furniture is more trouble than it's worth. Every time its windy it blows over and in really bad weather I have to put it somewhere that it won't smash into the patio doors. The wooden stuff is heavier and doesn't move much in the wind. It's worth a coat of varnish once a year for the peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Originally posted by Silent Death
    That aluminium furniture is more trouble than it's worth. Every time its windy it blows over and in really bad weather I have to put it somewhere that it won't smash into the patio doors. The wooden stuff is heavier and doesn't move much in the wind. It's worth a coat of varnish once a year for the peace of mind.

You can get some alum furniture that is actually quite heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

the stuff im talking about looks like wrought iron - but is made of aluminum - you would have to go up to it and lift it to know the difference.

i dont want anything like what argos are offering (siver lightweight stuff)

Anyways, keep the eye out - it's probably just too early in the season.

Advertisement