Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wav > Mp3

Options
  • 13-03-2004 6:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

What's the best free WAV > MP3 converter. Actually whats the best CD Ripper aswell? What I'm looking for is something that will open my cd, download the song names, rip it to mp3. I know Windows Media Player does this but it's a bit crude. Is there something a bit more flexible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

CD EX

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I;ve posted this before, search the technology forum for a complete answer, but the short one is as follows:

Exact Audio Copy is the only cd-ripper out there with proper error correction features, and is by far the best program out there for error free ripping.

But, if you want speed only, then CD-Ex or any other program is your man. They're all fast, but not secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    Exact Audio Copy is the only cd-ripper out there with proper error correction features, and is by far the best program out there for error free ripping.

so true

it's the best but it's also the most difficult to use (you get use to it after a while)

if you want an XP way of doing things try cd_ex which i also use sometimes (not too often as the quality isn't as good)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Intervideo WinRip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

iTunes is good a ripping and burning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i use dbpoweramp, pretty decent, never had any bother with it

Advertisement