Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic 252?

Options
  • 12-03-2004 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

I know Sports Talk failed to take its place awhile back but do RTE still have somthing to do with it?

If so why not Set up Ceol A Do A Cuig A Do 252 (Pop music station as gealige, Eamon O Cuiv is looking for such a station rather the RnaG which is more like Radio One), while allowing 2FM broadcast to britian on 252. Just a thought.

Especial when Five Live is the BBC fifth channel broadcast on DAB and AM Stereo.

Looking forward to Irish DAB in 2010. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What is the story with DAB in Ireland? Will it ever happen. I don't hear much talk about either DAB or DTT which is a shame. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

RTE will be broadcasting Radio 1 on 252 from St. Patricks day. At the same time they will be taking their 576 MW off the air fow a few months for maintenance. Check out Radiowaves.fm for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by BrianD
    RTE will be broadcasting Radio 1 on 252 from St. Patricks day. At the same time they will be taking their 576 MW off the air fow a few months for maintenance. Check out Radiowaves.fm for more info.

why dont they scrap the MW version now that they are going to have a LW version and save a few cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

They are rationalising their MW/LW transmissions:

2FM - both 612 and 1278 (Dublin/Cork) are now gone off the air.

Radio 1 - MW off for a few months to upgrade (will it return?) and transmissions will continue on 252 LW in the interim.

I wonder will the upgrade the Radio 1 MW to DRM?

RTE have also put out some press about how they plane to go it alone on DAB soon on an experimental basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by BrianD
    RTE have also put out some press about how they plane to go it alone on DAB soon on an experimental basis.

if they do go it alone i would guess that it would take a while for full national coverage but a start would be a start. i want DAB. the choice atm is pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't know about choise the BCI seem to like to give the people of dublin plenty of choice. And 2 more radio stations will becoming to Dublin Soon.

And RTE's 4 stations are very different to one another which is good and Today FM seems to be different again.

But yes very little choice in the country.

Advertisement