Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jake 2.0

Options
  • 11-03-2004 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I was going to put this in the tv forum ... but figured I'd get more of a discussion out of comics :D

after watching this evengings episode of Jake 2.0 I have come to the conclusion that this would make an excellent comic ... or is based on one?

Death Owl *genius hacker taken down by Jake, hell bent on distroying who/what does not appriciate him* ... could easily be developed into Jake's nemesis ... which I think he will be .... but comic wise it could be way well developed.

Any one watch the show? ... Jake Foley IT guy gets in an accident splinters of some chemical get into his blood stream and now he can interact with technology and is stronger than your average human....

uses his powers for good .....

I'd love to hear this story in so much more detail .. Death Owl would be an excellent character ... but I think its just going to be dragged on for a few more 1 hour episodes and that will be the end of it.

shame... had potention ... don't you think? .... are there any comics about with a similar .. better .... story?
    *I know jake 2.0 is as empty as an m&ms bag at a weight watchers meeting ... but its got potential*...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I'm going to leave this here because you do have a question about this show in the genre of comics but it is a little weak tbh :)

This sounds more like a post describing the TV show and how you love it rather than "What would Jake2.0 be like as a comic".

As for any similar comics relating to this idea....um.....basically pick any superhero that wasn't born with powers and you get how he GOT his powers. As for the powers themselves....loads of people. Can't name them all off the top of my head but deathlock would be half man half machine (not from birth). Cable was infected with a techno-organic virus.

Like I said - there are loads of others relating to human/machine/computer related powers etc. but I can't remember them all. Hell this imo is a rip off from that TV show about the guy who has a heart attack and get his mind transfered to an artificial body (his wife and daughter think he's dead) and has to do missions for the goverment. That in turn was a rip off of "The 6 Million Dollar Man". It's just an up to date revamp of the show. TV these days are just complete rip offs of older TV shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

:p

Advertisement