Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Reports in ASP.Net?

Options
  • 11-03-2004 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Im wondering if anyone can tell me if ASP.Net can support Crystal Reports? Any help or advice on how to add them into a project as well? Im finishing an end of year project in ASP.Net and am trying to make it look and run better then some of the standard type of stuff Ive been adding to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Ever heard of google?

Check out the second result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Yes it does support crystal reports but you should check out the Microsoft site!!
    If you have access to SQL Server you should also check out the new SQL Server Reporting Services

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you using Web Server and SQL you need Crystal Reports like a hole in the head. Horrid product commpared to designing web pages and filling in the info from SQL via your IIS (using idc/htx or ASP).

Simple stuff I use my favorite Web page editor and then edit with notepad to an .HTX template and put the previously tested SQL query in the IDC file.

Then if it gets more complex I use the free IDC2ASP tool and edit the automatically created ASP file (basic ASP is the .idc and .htx in one file, then you can easily add server side Java, VB or whatever).

If you are writing server side scripts etc I never find any need for client side Java/VBScript.

Advertisement