Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online english-irish dictionary

Options
  • 11-03-2004 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Just after finding this great english-irish dictionary . Best one i've ever come across anyway.
    Hopefully some of ye might find it useful too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I used to use this when it was free, but they don't have a terribly great selection. Now that they're charging to use it, I'mjust going to go and buy myself a copy of DeBhalraithe's dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

didnt spot that. any word i looked up was found.
    Still €8\year isnt that much if it was a resource you used regurlarly. beats trying to find a dictionary when u need it.

I think that you can buy Murphy's or DeBhalraithe's dictionaries for about E20. Correct me if I'm wrong. But these guys are the definitive Irish dictionaries and well worth the investment if you're serious about irish

This is the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Added to resource list.

Thanks Scruff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

the other address for it is irishdictionary.ie

been using it ever since it started up and i'm paying for it now. extremely handy IMO :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Gleanndún

id have 2 agree w dogbert here, i much prefer printed materials, although hyperlink referral is nice. i have the an gúm pocket dictionary, which is fairly good for a pocket dictionary. same publisher as ur book, dogbert.

I own deBhaldraithe's English to Irish and Murphys Irish to English, both hardcover, published by an Gúm, purchased together for a total of about ~E30.

nice, whered u buy em?

I bought them in the John Smith Bookshop here on campus in UCC, but these are standard, you should be able to get them for about the same price in any bookshop. Try Eason's. The deBhaldraithe was ~E21 and Murphy ~E8

newhere online u think i could pick em up? ive never heard of that store, but i assume its in ireland, which is a bit far for me (about 8200 or so Km);)

• Advertisement
Advertisement