Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vapochill Lightspeed launched

Options
  • 10-03-2004 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Asetek have launched a new Vapochill which looks almost identical to the MachII:

LightSpeed001.gif

http://www.asetek.com/

I was thinking of getting a MachII this summer but the Lightspeed seems to do the job for a good price. Any vapochill users here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't get the Vapochill, a new cheaper MachII will be out soon enough:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=31204&highlight=480%2A

"The product will be a Mach II without support for displays and without USB-connection and the software. Instead it will have a better rubberhose (much more rigid) and the price the best part - MSRP is set at 480,- Euros!"

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Yes, but that's a stripped down MachII with no LED display etc. The Vapo has all the features of a full MachII (I want the LED saying -50c etc :)).
    I suppose it really depends on performance/reliability. I'll be checking results over the next few weeks to see how well the Vapo performs in reality.

Is the LED display really worth the extra 400 euros though? :)

Check our xtremesystems.org when the Vapo is out. People there generally get those type of things first. I'm not a big fan of the Vapos, to me they always lagged behind the Prometeias/MachIIs in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what are these things anyway? overclocking units of some sort?

btw sir random: in your sig your 3dmark score shows you using Win ME! are you seriously using that junk? :)

Originally posted by quarryman

btw sir random: in your sig your 3dmark score shows you using Win ME! are you seriously using that junk? :)
    They are cooling units for achieving sub zero temps.

I'm using XP but I boot to ME for benching because I have the 41.09 drivers installed and all settings to High Performance in my ME setup. Less hassle than changing drivers and settings in XP just to do a bench. I don't know why so many people call ME junk, I never had a prob with it and it was great for networking before XP.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by koneko
    Is the LED display really worth the extra 400 euros though? :)

Check our xtremesystems.org when the Vapo is out. People there generally get those type of things first. I'm not a big fan of the Vapos, to me they always lagged behind the Prometeias/MachIIs in the past.
    The Vapochill is €649 but it's not just the LED Display, it also includes a CPU kit (€90) and standalone case.
    Anyway, the new MachII won't be announced officially until Cebit so we should have enough benchies from the Vapos by then to make a performance comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by quarryman

they are coolers that cool to insane temps i think they are negative numbers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

[Brag] Yeah they do hit negative numbers, mine runs about ~-25 [/Brag]

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so the only advantage is that you can overclock the processor? Is your money not better spent investing in a better chip?

seems a tad pricey.

You can buy a CPU and run it at speeds well beyond what you can buy now, so yes it's worth it. Lot of hassle though (that's why I got rid of my Prommie).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Asetec seem to be a supplier of Black Ice pro radiators.

I have to go thru Sidewindercomputers.com in the U.S. who order from Asetec in Denmark to get 1 shipped here.

I cant order 1 seperate from Asetec as they only list them as part of a kit.:rolleyes:

Advertisement