Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argh, Tonights €100 Merrion game 9/3

Options
  • 10-03-2004 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

Well I luckily won my seat a few weeks ago, and was going to save it for next week but things conspired and I had to go play tonight.

Started slowly, as did all 30 of us, and got Stormin Norman at my table. Thought it was going to be one of those nights when sitting with AK, flop shows A 3 6 hapy days, check it away to Norman and he goes all in for around 2000 which is a decent chunk out of my stack I show AK he turns 45. And of course hits a 2 and then a 7 just to add insult.

Got a good hand a few hands later when after flop the guy beside me goes all in and im sitting on straight to the Q at this stage. He only has 2 pair.

Then I knock out 2 in one hand.

Then norman comes in on me again. Im sitting with top pair K with Q kicker. But he has 2 diamonds on the board and 2 more in the pocket, he is all in at this stage, nervous last 2 cards but I hold up.

Final table of 9 comes quickly and am sitting about 2nd or 3rd in chips. Top 5 to get paid. Get 20 hands of pure muck I reckon I saw about 4 face cards in those hands and even at that they were with 2 or 3 etc. Then get a decent AK suited looking at flop shows 8, 10, J two of which are my diamonds. Keep watching play Joe O Neill checks I check nothing, nothing again on the river so Joe opens betting with 1500 I dunno what posessed me to call him but I did, he had the straight from the flop. ARGH No1.

The final table was a disaster I got nothing and got no luck. Paddy an Auld fella had been bluffing all in's all night and kept showing them. So as he is the chip leader when he goes all in on my big blind and Im looking at AJ diamond I think sure maybe its another bluff but no As soon as I call and turn AJ he turns AQ. Flop comes A 10 *. So we all know that of course I now hit my jack to complete his straight. ARGH.

Came 7th but was angry as hell. Standard at last table was very high. Pity the standard of cards dealt wasn't. I really hate moving tables always did but last night confirmed it. I always go downhill on a move......................

Advertisement