Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg develops Human Resources while the Network Crumbles!

Options
  • 09-03-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Story on the Comreg site itself.

I would be happier if they won an award for Consumer Advocacy or Effectiveness or Clarity of thought or Vision .......but no. They won it (again) for developing 'human resources' , . I thought the human resources in there were barely adequate so I would hate the thought of meeting the 'undeveloped' version on a wet night after the pubs closed in Temple Bar .....scarrrrrryyy.

Its a pity that none of these 'resources' are ever available to monitor compliance with their own regulations or to deliver a better telecommunications market for the Irish Business and Consumer sectors or even to get a pairgain removed or to sit down in a room and ask the question

What is 'Functional Internet Access' ? Why should we Irish not be entitled to it ?

I believe that it was the weekly Yoga sessions on the deep pile carpet that got it for them this time so all together now

UMmmmmmmmUUUUuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Who does what in ComReg Busy People

Well this seems to be our shower here

Market Operations - Director: David Gunning
    Market Operations handles day-to-day issues concerning the regulation of the market including such issues as interconnection, dispute resolution and unbundling the local loop. Supervision of pricing and ensuring a universal service for all consumers in respect of eircom is a principal activity of Market Operations. This Division also administers the Consumer Affairs section of the Commission for Communications Regulation.

'cept they dont seem to win any awards :D

p.s. would some of the Dubs go up and check if the offices are actually occupied, maybe its all a figment of our imagination

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Originally posted by jbkenn

maybe its all a figment of our imagination

jbkenn

They do really exist, I saw a poster

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Its a poignant something or other about the plight of the Irish Telephone User after her reign of UmmmmmUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and stuff in Comreg .

Hint b4 u Klik,

The original had a Dog in It . She is already casting the Dog but my senile Basset Hound was too slobbery, even for E D .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭bminish

Originally posted by Muck
    Story on the Comreg site itself.
    ......but no. They won it (again) for developing 'human resources' , . I thought the human resources in there were barely adequate so I would hate the thought of meeting the 'undeveloped' version on a wet night after the pubs closed in Temple Bar .....scarrrrrryyy.

M

Interesting ..

Human Resources - Director: Shay O Malley
    The Division develops and implements leading-edge human resources strategies designed to enhance organisational performance and effectiveness

This is the organization that recently sent me a registered letter cancelling an Amateur radio licence due to a particular form not having been filled out. What made this particularly interesting was that the registered letter was dated 1 day Before the publication date of Said Form and that this form is still not available in the section of the comreg website that is supposed to conation all the forms and documents that pertain to Amateur radio Here

A few years ago Comreg (ODTR) could turn around most amateur radio related applications in less than a week, About two years ago many changes were made to streamline and simplify the process (for comreg) and it now typically takes about 3 months.

.Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    M.
    Like the episode with the hospital with 500 busy administrators and ancilliary staff but no doctors, nurses or patients.

Mrs Rodgers: It's one of the best run hospitals in the country. It's up for the Florence Nightingale award.
    Jim: And what pray is that?
    Mrs Rodgers: It's won by the most hygienic hospital in the area.

Advertisement