Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home game

Options
  • 09-03-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

I feel the need for another home game. I will run one the last Saturday of this month. If anyone would like to run one in the meantime and invite me along that would be just great. Post a reply or PM me if you are interested.

Date/Time- 27th March/1730

Organiser- MrPudding

Venue- His gaff in Cabinteely

Seats- At least 8 more if needed.

Game- No Limit Texas Holdem

Buyin- €10

Rebuys- Allowed. Rebuy period 3 hours (More if the prize pot is crap).

Topups- Yes. One at end of rebuy period.

Payout- 1st ½
    2nd 1/3
    3rd 1/6

Extras- €5 House charge. This will provide food and softdrinks for the night.

Players:

MrPudding
    Alex
    Eoin
    Karlh2001
    Hyzepher
    Spiritus
    Musician
    Henbane
    Dappergent
    Iago
    Lafortezza
    Amp
    Casper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Hi Mr. Pudding,

sounds like a plan if I'm welcome. Gonna mail Spititus now to to see if he can make it.

Thanks,
    Karl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'm in if I can get out of the house :)

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wont be here (I'll be on holidays :p) but I can tell you that Mr Pudding puts on a great nights poker....

I'm gonna talk to my flatmates (nicely) and see if they would mind a game on Saturday this week (no promises).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Hi All,

Once again, if there are any seats left over drop me a line and I'll come along. I know it's a bit awkward seen as I don't know anybody :) but I would enjoy a game..

As I say, just if there's a seat spare, I don't want to put any regulars out in any way.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Iago, once upon a time (not very long ago, nor in a galaxy far far away) noone of us knew each other :)....

We meet up every Thursday from about 8pm in The Henry Grattan pub on Grafton Street. Sometimes we meet at 6:30 for a game of pool in The Fireworks on Pearse St... (when Luke and Casper dont stand me up that is :p)

Even if you dont want to play in the (free-in) Thursday competition... drop along for a pint!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Cheers DeV,

Mentioned before that I'm normally in college on a Thursday night, but I'm off this week and wouldn't mind a game of pool at all!

I'll keep an eye on the threads to see if you're meeting up and if I'm welcome I'll see you on Thursday in Fireworks...

I'll be the one in the waistcoat with the 4 aces on the back and the reflective sunglasses ;)

Always was a very classy guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by DeVore
    Wont be here (I'll be on holidays :p) but I can tell you that Mr Pudding puts on a great nights poker....

I'm gonna talk to my flatmates (nicely) and see if they would mind a game on Saturday this week (no promises).

DeV.

Sounds good to me. And I'm fairly sure Dotc would be up for it, given that he'll be off the leash so to speak ;)

You can still ask me nicely though if you like :p

I said I'd talk to you (nicely).... and God knows I dont even enjoy doing that :p

DeV.

I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Hey Pudding,

thats confirmed, Myself and Spiritus (just rang him and he cant post himself)

If thats okay!?

Thanks,
    Karl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Count me in. Is there a smoking room?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

OK. This is looking good. I have updated the player list.

On the subject of smoking, we have a very large smoking facility. It is called outside.

MrP

PS I have a really cool surprise lined up.... I am very excited!

Bastard! You are making me almost wishing I wasnt going snowboarding. Again. Almost. Did I mention I'll be on holidays. Snowboarding? Oh, I did eh... :(

DeV.

Originally posted by MrPudding
    OK. This is looking good. I have updated the player list.

On the subject of smoking, we have a very large smoking facility. It is called outside.

MrP

Oh I forgot to sign up for this, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by MrPudding
    It better be hookers and blackjack!

Sign me and lafortezza up. He wants some more of your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Count me in.

OK guys. Unless anyone can donate a table and some chairs I can't take anymore players. 12 players it is. If someone can't make it ket me know as soon as possible.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Wow -- I don't check the poker board for one day and miss out on the event :( Damn you all to hell! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Mr P, so you need me to bring my chips?

Yes Luke if you don't mind. I will try to score another table and some chairs, if anyone can help that would be great. I will put you down casper and see how things go.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

are we 12 on 1 table?

I am working on it. The table will seat 10 easily and 12 at a push. I will try to score another table to make things nice and comfy.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'd be up for this, I'm not overly familar with Hold em and I've never played "formally" for money.

is it 10 Euro worth of chips each buy in?

Are beginners welcome?

If not, any chance of a beginners night?

Syke

Hi Syke

I'm afraid this one is full. I will be having another one next month. I will put up a post arround the middle of the month. Oh and yes, beginners are welcome, very welcome in fact.:D

But seriously, the top recomendation for n00bs is to go to the Henry Gratten on a Thursday night arround 2000 or 2030, meet up with a bunch of us and then play in the free entry game in the Fitz. That is the top tip.

MrP

OK guys nearly there. I have a few people who are interested but are not on the list. There is no chance I can accomodate anymore though. So, if you are currently on the list but can't make it let me know as soon as poss so I can get someone else in.

PS I hope none of you are veggies. I don't do veggie food.

MrP

I'm still available to go next saturday, my net access is fairly patchy since I started the new job, so I won't be my usual poker board spamming self.
    I have a mate who would like in if there's a mass drop off of interest, you remember foxy from your last home game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

I'm still in (if there's even room for me) :) You mentioned there's more people of you know who aren't on boards, plus there's at least a few on boards who are also interested -- couldn't we somehow split this into two games of 8 people or something? Obviously we'd need a second house though =)

I have one person, Eoin, who cannot go. I have sent a pm to syke who was interested. If he does not get back to me today I will have a place spare, I reckon Foxie can have that.

MrP

Don't hold out on foxy above anyone else, he said he would get back to me before thursday if he's free or not. I'll try to hurry him up as I know he'd want to play. But fill your seats with easy mone^H^H^
    yeah, cya saturday

• Advertisement

I'm going to berunning a bit late for this, can some one tell Chris if he's not online?

Advertisement