Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business League 8/3

Options
  • 08-03-2004 11:38am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We all set? This is my last game so I want to do well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I played my 4th and last week last week, so our prospects lie in the hands of you n00^H^H^H you guys. Good luck and if in doubt go all-in and stare them down!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

<Fast Show> Tonight I will be mostly playing Aces.

We need to not go out early, thats my plan (Hey, what a great plan Tom... "dont lose"... yup, write that one down boys, its a doozy!). Seriously though, no bluffing from me tonight, we cant afford early baths. If I get to 5th I'll start to play to see if I can get 1st/2nd but more important then that is to secure those top-third places and shut out the pack.

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by DeVore
    Seriously though, no bluffing from me tonight, we cant afford early baths.

I doubt a bluff would work on these noobs anyway.

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Now now Chris! But you are right. You cant scare people who dont understand the odds etc...

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well I think boards have it sown up now. Last night 2 1st places, 1 3rd, 1 4th and a 6th. Next week should be nice and easy.
    Missed out on a qualification spot last night in the Merrion. Knocked out 8th when my AQs lost to A10o - (he hit 3 10s) but overall I was happy with my play. Good tough play from most there so it is enjoyable. Dev as for your final all-in on 5 3 offsuit I bow my head to you. Excellent move. Pity it was called.

• Advertisement

It was a 5,2 offsuit and you know what, I did it twice earlier in the night heheheh...
    I got it in the FBL and since I had 4K+ of chips and I'd been murdering every hand in site I bluffed my way to 6K with it... I did it cos Davey Devil mentioned it in the other thread and I was just so balls-out last night because I was annoyed with myself that I just decided to give that whole bluffing thing a go!
    DD is right, its an insane rush to do that... but I was on a bigger tilt then the Titanic hahah...

Everytime after that that I got 5,2o in the Merrion I was chasing that rush and since I really didnt care much about the Merrion I did it once against that African lady to my right (the time I mis-bet 2,000 instead of 1000 and she said "I'm not giving you any more of my chips") and right at the end when I got SO spanked for having my hand in the cookie jar. You never saw someone smile as big when caught thieving... I couldnt have cared less.

After a bit of a head-stagger, last night gave me all my confidence back... I fuckin' love this game!

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You did very well with your bluffs then. One thing though I would avoid bluffing if I thought there were any weak players at the table. The guy on your left when you went out in the Merrion was a bad player and I think hes the one who called you.

He was the one who called me, with 77 he probably had the right to, though given that I hadnt played a hand since I sat down at that table, he could have been in bad shape!

Normally I dont bluff, semi bluff yes (as Spiritus called me today, I'm a Mississippi pirate for river cards sometimes ;) ) but rarely will I have trash. Its fun though!

I didnt risk my position in the FBL too badly with my bluff there and I'd a good idea that the guy had jack all and the pot was fairly serious compared to putting him all in.

DeV.

Advertisement