Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's Lite FM

Options
  • 05-03-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

What have they changed the name to

Dublin's 102

OR

Dublin IQ2?

I cant make it out from the adds, I have only glanced at them,

Comments

Its changed to q102 afaik.

yesterday the RDS was saying MUPPET before the re-launch and they were playing the man am an awww music for ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I didn't even know they were to change their name & yeah it is Q102 - http://www.litefm.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Thats a bit of a flashback to the old pirate days......Q102......showing my age now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The name change was between q102 or sunshine two pirate stations of the 80's.

Is there not copyright involved? I mean they might have been pirate stations but that doesn't mean that there names were not copyrighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

The 80's Q102 Became Super Q when Bill Cunningham left SunShine Hot Hits 101 and took his "unique brand of programming" to Upper Mount Street. It was thought that Lite would have been called Q102 from the outset, maybe the Blocks objected, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

What was the song that Sunshine played on a continious loop when they were changing over to Hot Hits?

I remember Q did the woman counting from 1,2,3 up to how ever many 1000's (recorded the previous evening) when Bill Cunningham changed them to SuperQ.

Been racking the brains since I read these posts but cannot remember it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Looks like there going after the younger market as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

As far as I know, Sunshine still is a pirate radio station in Dublin

Advertisement