Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian Beers... but without beer...

Options
  • 05-03-2004 5:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

The boards beer got me thinking...
    All the Boards Christians should have a meet up!
    I know it sounds crazy, but stay with me.
    I'd say it would be a luagh, meet up in a cafe somewhere and have a chat for a while, and then maybe go out for the night somehwhere, if you wanna have a few drinks, then fire ahead, and if you don't, then you can be one of the kool kids sipping Club Orange.
    I'd say Galway would be the best place for it, into An Tobar Nua for a coffe and a brownie, and then out to see a band, and the tha club, fo' shizzle.

Anyone interested?
    :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pooka

Sounds amusing. When are you thinking of? How much are hostels in Galway?

C.

{Ian Paisley accent shouting loudly} Guinness... is the Devils Buttermilk ...{/Ian Paisley accent shouting loudly}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Sounds like lots of fun...

Give me 6 weeks and I might be able to afford it.

But don't hold off on my account. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Originally posted by Earthman
    {Ian Paisley accent shouting loudly} Guinness... is the Devils Buttermilk ...{/Ian Paisley accent shouting loudly}

Hmmm.. Devil's Buttermilk. Never heard that before. However a 1/2 pint of that is probabily beneficial, wereas 1/2 pint of Club Orange probabily isn't. (Though is is some of the more lurid coloured Munster based softdrinks that have the really nasty chemicals).

Actually in Israel a non-fermented "stout" without the bitter hops added was very popular and highly recommended for nursing mothers. No equivalent product here. Looked a bit like Coca Cola, (even with similar "head") and neary as sweet, but without all the added chemicals and caffine. It was basically a pure barley malt drink.

Anybody driving can't drink anyway apart from any Theological convictions or lack of them.

Advertisement