Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babylon 5 dvd's

Options
  • 04-03-2004 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere i can rent babylon 5 on DVD (prefferably). I have seen season 1 & 2 and want to watch the others. If you know somewhere that rents VHS then that will do i suppose.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

poundworld poundshops and.. well maybe other poundshops too sell bab5 vhs's for 2 euro each..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

They are dirt cheap on www.play.com - so why not just purchase them for your collection. They are worth it.

I've got every season on DVD to date (4th due next month) and tis great stuff all together.

c0y0te

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Bah! £42 isn't dirt cheap! But I wants them, I really wants them....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I want them too, and battlestar gallatica.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

The DVD's have been great so far. Image quality and cropping of the rendered scenes is a bit dissapointing but the extras more than make up for it. I love the bloober reels. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What do you mean by cropping? They haven't tried to make widescreen dvds out of the full frame filmings have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

you may want to check this site out

www.blackstar.co.uk

Theres no delivery charge from england with this crowd so you just pay for the dvd, also they accept postal orders as well as ccard, ordered a few things off them and all have arrived within the week

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Shin,

There is no delivery charge from play.com either:D

It's not like I've got shares in play.com or anything, but I've been buying DVDs on the web for years, both here, in the US, in Canada and from the UK. By far the best customer service and all around value for money is play.com.

I've used blackstar in the past and they are ok, but their stock is fairly limited. I always find myself doing the price comparison thing when I order batches of DVDs or box sets (Which I do pretty much every 2 or 3 months) and nearly always I end up going back to play.com.

c0y0te:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    What do you mean by cropping? They haven't tried to make widescreen dvds out of the full frame filmings have they?

All of the live action scenes were shot in widescreen. JMS wanted to bring the widescreen versions to DVD but they couldn't rerender all the CGI which were rendered in 4:3, so any CGI has been cropped. It's been handled well though and only sometimes is it very noticeable (like when Earth Force One is blowing up the ship fills the screen and is chopped at the top and bottom).

It's not a big deal any of the battle scenes have been cropped in a way to keep all the action visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Series 5 is out in the Usa, preorded them from playusa.com , and got notification that they had shipped on Friday (even though its before the official release date!! , last couple of series were the same too, got about a week or so before the official release:) ).

Last couple of series I got from them came from Belgium so no customs nonsense about import taxes etc, and delivery from playusa is free too, cannot wait here!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I just got Season 1 and Season 2 - I dunno whether to wait for all seasons before watching though or not. I know they're out but it's a question of being able to afford them :dunno:

Advertisement