Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VBA refreshing a control

Options
  • 04-03-2004 2:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to refresh a control in VBA without refreshing the whole form???

for instance, each time a checkbox is checked, the text in a certain textbox turns green, and when its unchecked, it turns red?

I know how to do this in the checkboxes click event, but im trying to do it through conditional formatting for the textbox. it works, but you have to change records and come back to see the change, ie it doesnt happen immediately.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

In VBA, is it not just "Me.controlname.requery".
    or
    Forms!formnamegoeshere.controlname.requery :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm curious why you'd want to do conditional formatting for the textbox.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

My boss didnt want any code in the checkboxes on click event....

in the end we had to put it there... hes weird but hes the boss :rolleyes:

In any event it works fine now, see i used conditional formatting in some combo boxes earlier, but they worked ok, i guess its down to the form the combo boxes were on and the form the text box was on and the controls themselves having different types of behaviour!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Morphéus
    My boss didnt want any code in the checkboxes on click event....

in the end we had to put it there... hes weird but hes the boss :rolleyes:

In any event it works fine now, see i used conditional formatting in some combo boxes earlier, but they worked ok, i guess its down to the form the combo boxes were on and the form the text box was on and the controls themselves having different types of behaviour!!

I just don't understand why you'd want it.

Advertisement