Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare

Options
  • 04-03-2004 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Was in kildare a few times over the past couple of months, Each time im there I always get bored, the last time in kildare town, I just got bored and headed off to newbridge, and went around tesco and dunnes doin feck all for about an hour. I go up to see my brother once every 2-3 weeks and we always seem to just do feck all. There anyone here who know of some good places to go? particularily people who know the layout of the area around kildare town and newbridge, and for fecks sake dont mention the stables/race course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

you could go back to Dublin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Or you could try Naas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

How far is dub time/distance wise from kildare town. btw limerick person here if you assumed I was a dub.

And where the heck is Naas

You have to be joking me... You don't know where Naas is? :eek:

Right, well... Naas is the county town of Kildare, and basically, the Dublin-Kildare rout is one of the best known and most travelled routes, and thus the most profitable. The bus from Busaras leading to Kildare usually passes (as well as a few places in Dublin City) through Kill, by Johnstown, through Naas, then off to Newbridge. It also passes through Kildare town and Rathangan, to my knowledge. Not really much of a description, so maybe I should say it like this:

Naas is the next nearest town to Newbridge, them being 10 miles from each other. It's usually the town you pass through if you're on the way to Dublin if departing from Kildare.

If that doesn't help at all, I'd be willing to rephrase it, because I made a pigs ear of the explanation, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

And where the heck is Naas

Not entirely sure but I think it's close to the Naas Dual Carriageway...

...placed on the map for foriegn people to mis-pronounce

• Advertisement

Rephrase, actually no, specky made a good enough explanation
    ...placed on the map for foriegn people to mis-pronounce

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Originally posted by Kennett
    Naas is the next nearest town to Newbridge, them being 10 miles from each other. It's usually the town you pass through if you're on the way to Dublin if departing from Kildare.

:D

if you leaving kildare and are heading to dublin you will not pass through Naas, in order to go into Naas you will have to take the slip road for Naas just before the Johnstown set of traffic lights.

--laoisfan

Oh right, my bad... I was thinking of the 126 bus which passes through Naas to get to Newbridge.

As far as I know the route goes:

Dublin - Kill - Johnstown - Naas - Newbridge - Rathangan or Kildare or perhaps both.. I never went past Newbridge

The other way round, I think would be:

Rathangan/Kildare - Newbridge - Naas - Johnstown - Kill - Dublin

I've only been from Newbridge - Naas on the bus, but I have done Naas - Dublin. I take it that since the bus that does both is the 126, the bus goes round in a looping path... I could be wrong though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Maynooth is a good laugh....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by ClareBear
    Maynooth is a good laugh....

Whats it like at weekends when all the students are gone home???

Tox

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Whats it like at weekends when all the students are gone home???

Tox

Probably not as mental but I haven't been there on a weekend so I don't really know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

eh.................athy????????????????:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Originally posted by Agent7249
    . There anyone here who know of some good places to go? particularily people who know the layout of the area around kildare town and newbridge, and for fecks sake dont mention the stables/race course.

What are looking to do? Well, I don't know if this is the sort of thing you're thinking about, but there's Pockets snooker/pool hall just off the main street in Newbridge (on Cutlery Road), or the Sports Centre on the station road. And there's par 3 golf half way between Newbridge and Naas. I wouldn't be too well up on things to do in Kildare town.

By the way, the bus route is Dublin - Kill - Johnstown - Naas - Newbridge - Kildare.
    The Rathangan people have their own special route.....because they really are 'special'. ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the stables/race course. :p:D

Speaking of Kildare bus routes....where does the Maynooth bus go from in Dublin now since the Wellington Quay accident?

Meant along the lines of pubbing/clubbing lol headin up next weekend again, gonna be headin to offaly aswell to sort out sky diving :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement