Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding BLOBS to mysql database using java

Options
  • 03-03-2004 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi

I was wonderind can anyone help me with inserting BLOBS to a MySQL database using java. I have an object that I have serialized, and I want to convert that to a byte array. I would then like to transfer that byte array to the SQL server and store it there as the MySQL BLOB datatype.

Is blob the right thing to use? And how would one go about doing this? I have searched the internet for help on this, and I have had no lucck so far.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stuyg

why not use filebaths? ITS A LOT EASIER!!!!
    store the filepath of the imageas a "varchar" or "string" and get ur prog to grab the image from the file!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Im trying to store an object that has been serialized. I have an object that I must transfer to an array of bytes, and then I want to store them bytes as a BLOB in the mysql database.

Advertisement